• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

tail light panle

junkgtcs

im now looking to buy the tail light panal for my gtcs. i was woundering if i should just buy the tail light panal with the tail light buckets built in insted of buying them seprate what do you think?

rvrtrash

I have an original one that is a spare I might part with. I was kind of saving it for a guy from Portland, Or. but I lost his contact info and haven't seen him here for a while. Contact me off list if you want and we can talk about it if you're interested.
Steve
By the way, anyone know what they're worth now?

P

PNewitt

I'll make one friend and one x-friend by saying this--but those taillight panels have gone for $250 to $300 (or more), depending on condition. Freight not included.

There is something about the "look" of original fiberglass parts that a repro can't duplicate. Second-generation fiberglass parts tend to lose the sharpness on the original.

But the choice is yours. I agree, and think that original is best--since these cars are gaining popularity, and value.

Paul N.

hicountrybob

This past summer I bought a new repo fiberglass taillight panel from Colorado Mustang here in my area. I knew that the repos were lighter , thinner, and were not as THICK around the gas filler area (a dead giveaway on repos) that we see on our cars at shows. But my body guy had told me he could and would build up that center with glass "on the back side" and make it look right. BINGO. Also, I got my scoops at Colorado Mustang because they have the right ones with the vertical "witness" line on the front edge of the scoops. On these fiberglass parts, including qtr. extenstions, I think we buyers need to really LOOK, SEE, FEEL, and TOUCH these parts as they are bought.--------ALSO, for the scoop fit against qtr. panel, one can work the metal out just a bit (if your qtr glass is out) as well as the filing and sanding the backside of a scoop for a nice proper looking mount. Try it, you'll like it!!! Bob Teets

PFSlim

We bought a new one from Branda. Even though I am a strong supporter of Branda parts, this tail light panel did not fit our car well at all. At the same time we bought it and had it delivered, the guy we bought our car from brought us an original. It fit like a glove.

Paul

rvrtrash

Thanks for the info Paul N. I hope I'm in the friend column, even though I'm in this part more than that by the time it arrived here. I bought it last year when I thought I was desperate, and before I found a guy willing to fix my old one. I guess I'll withdraw my offer, because I don't want to overcharge someone here.
Steve

OP
OP
J

junkgtcs

thanks for your imput guy i guess ill look for an orginal for a little bit longer but no shur if ill have enough money you know who it is. so a repo might have to do me

l8 guys
robert