• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 Acalpuco Blue 289 GT/CS

speedy02

Seller's Description
1968 California Special Mustang - Rotisserie Restoration. Over $75k invested with receipts to prove it. One of 3867 produced. Marti Report Included. Acalpuco Blue original color! Numbers matching. $65,000 OBO Facebook blocks me from putting the actual price in the listing.

The basics:
C-Code 289 V8 - Original motor rebuilt by Tom's Performance in Vancouver WA. Runs extremely well.
C4 Transmission with 3.55 gears - rebuilt by Swineharts in Vancouver WA.
Paint and final bodywork done by Old Iron Classics in Vancouver WA.

I wanted to make this car safe and fun to drive, New almost everything, but restored with an eye towards converting it back to a "concourse car" if desired. "Correct" primers and sealers were used during the restoration process. I have owned other 68 CS cars and a real 68 GT500 - I'm just done with the hobby for now...
"Resto-Mod" items include:

Borgeson Power Steering unit, Painless complete wiring harness, Front disc brakes, Ididit steering column & shelby steering wheel (Original steering wheel saved), "Shelby Drop" lowered, Original Center Console, Torino Mirrors, Mustangs to fear single piece headliner with console, New retro radio, New front glass, and the obvious engine work.

All receipts and restoration documentation, & some original parts can be included. $65,000 OBO no trades

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:ea66debc-1aff-4e9c-8acf-f7aa0c29f73f

Attachments

• bluegtcs1.jpg
    bluegtcs1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 108
  • bluegtcs2.jpg
    bluegtcs2.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 97
  • bluegtcs3.jpg
    bluegtcs3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 96
  • bluegtcs5.jpg
    bluegtcs5.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 112
  • blegtcs7.jpg
    blegtcs7.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 118
  • bluegtcs6.jpg
    bluegtcs6.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 112

bassman2

This is my car... Every nut and bolt was removed, cleaned, painted, or replaced. All documentation etc...

Asking a high price because...you never know until you try, and I don't really need to sell, just bored.

A solid offer will buy the car.