• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Advise on purchasing a 68 CS

Beau66HCS

Hi Friends, looking to purchase a 68 CS and welcome advise you may offer. One caught my eye but sold before I could speak seriously to the seller. Had my heart set on one but the asking price was inflated. Located a few but one stands out what a take me home look...LOL.

Mosesatm

What are you looking for in the way of condition, price, engine, color, options, etc.?

OP
OP
B

Beau66HCS

Found a burgundy one but sold before I could get to it. I Like most all colors but needs to be clean and running. AC is important. Price dependent on condition I understand however, The presidential Blue @ Gateway classics in Vegas beautiful and Awesome but 60K is not for me.

sam

You’ll spend anywhere from $24k (low end) to $40k plus . Depends on a number of factors . In my mind you’d want a rust free Mustang , and generally stay away from anything coming from up north ( winters , road salt , sand etc) . Important features are V8 ; auto , power steering , AC . If it’s not a factory air conditioned car , Vintage Air as an add on is certainly acceptable . If you’re lucky , you’ll find one with the original engine and any tasteful modifications if they exist . Best of luck …… there are some great cars out there .