• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lucas Lights IN Marchal Brackets

Mosesatm

Check out this auction on eBay. It looks like someone installed Lucas lights in the Marchal brackets. Judging by the incorrect grille I assume someone didn't understand how to put the front end back together but this car brings up an interesting question; do you think any dealers may have installed the Lucas lights that way if they ran out of posts or didn't want to use the posts? We already know that a lot of them used the little chrome Shelby posts instead of the correct posts, maybe some dealers messed it up even worse.

Actually, it looks like the grill is correct, someone just added the horse.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...4582465102QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

Arlie,
I`m pretty sure this has been discussed here before and it was established that the dealers sometimes would use the Marchal brackets. I guess because they either did`nt have the right posts or just plain did`nt know any better. :)

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Thanks Rhonda. I couldn't remember if we had discussed this. The old 2nd thing to go ailment.

68MustangHCS

I really like the way these were mounted. I sort of think the posts are ugly looking and wish that they all had been mounted this way. :-\

It seems that the grill is black same with the grill opening. I noticed that this guy used a lot of info from this website. I guess he is probably a member.

P

PNewitt

I have never heard of dealers actually mounting Lucas lights that way, mistaken;y, but I'm sure at least one caar was done like that.

I have blueprints that actually showed how Ford wanted to do the retrofit to Lucas. It was a small "shelf" that was tack-welded to the Marchal bracket, then you bolted the Lucas lights on that (I'll include this in my new book).

Well, it was deemed too hard to do, and expensive, so, they did the pedistals. But--some dealers managed to screw those up! I saw a car with the lights on the grill "sill", and the pedistals and hardware UNDER the grille, hidden behind the front valance. WRONG!

This setup here in the pics places the Lucas lights too high. They are not centered in the grille. Also--note that these Lucas lights are the wrong type, with the glass rectangles. These are a later type.

Paul N.