• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

rear quarter window knobs

imported_tree

Can any one tell me how to get the old knobs of rear quarter window handles.bought new one that are correct but now i have to put old knobs on new handles.dont want to force them off. is there a easy way to do this.

terry......................................

mmarsalone

Terry,

I squeezed the knob in a vice, and then pulled the window crank away. Only squeeze it hard enough so that the knob doesn't pull out when tugging on the crank.

rvrtrash

You need to pry them off gently. Have you ever worked with poly pipe for sprinklers? The fitting that goes in the back of the knob is ribbed like a pipe fitting and pressed in. Putting them in a vise and pulling on the handle would also work but make sure you don't crush or mark up the knob. I would recommend buying new knobs for the new handles and saving the old ones just the way they are.
Steve

OP
OP
imported_tree

imported_tree

window knobs.

going to buy new ones. will wreck these ones for sure with the vice method or trying to pry them off with screw driver. thanks again guys.

terry.......................................................

PFSlim

My 68 knobs kept breaking. My windows don't roll up the easiest but the aftermarket knobs seem very cheap to me. At this point, I have ordered and installed 67 handles which are built much better in my opinion. I think Cory did the same.

Is anyone else having trouble with the knobs??

Paul

hookedtrout

PFSlim said:
My 68 knobs kept breaking. My windows don't roll up the easiest but the aftermarket knobs seem very cheap to me. At this point, I have ordered and installed 67 handles which are built much better in my opinion. I think Cory did the same.

Is anyone else having trouble with the knobs??

Paul

Yep I did and I'm much happier with the 67's.

Cory

PFSlim

Cory

How did you rear quarter handles fit onto the regulator shaft? Mine were real tight and did not slide on that well. Wondered if I had bad rear quarter handles. They seem smaller than the 68's.

Paul

hookedtrout

PFSlim said:
Cory

How did you rear quarter handles fit onto the regulator shaft? Mine were real tight and did not slide on that well. Wondered if I had bad rear quarter handles. They seem smaller than the 68's.

Paul

I guess I should read more thorough, I didn't change my rear quarter handles just my front two side windows. I did go in and do some maintenance on the rear windows including grease and they work great now, so I don't have an issue and I rarely have anyone in the back anyway. Squeak and I are the only two that take the car out playing. I plan on putting 67 handles on the rear so they all match when I find a good ebay buy but hadn't got that far yet.

Cory

PFSlim

Cory

Just a heads up. I really do think the regulators for the 67 and 68 are different. They will barely go on the regulator shaft, then stop. Not enough to go all the way on like the 68's do.

Paul