• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Kruse Auction GT/CS

di81977

I was just looking at the bidder registration for next January's Barrett Jackson. The buyer's commission has jumped from 8% to 10%.

david

68gt390

P

PNewitt

di81977 said:
I was just looking at the bidder registration for next January's Barrett Jackson. The buyer's commission has jumped from 8% to 10%.

david

That's probably because of the cost of the TV show...AND as a result OF the the TV show, too!

Pretty greedy--compared to real estate and (entertainment and literary) agent fees. I wonder what "Christie's" percentage is, in London.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

I will be bidding in a Christies auction in the near future, the buyers fee is 20%.

........To boldly go where no man has gone before.............

zozobra

di81977 said:

david
I sold a car of mine, a 1926 AJAX, at the Scottsdale B-J show. I was amazed at the efficiency of those folks and their ability to get pretty good money for the cars so I did not mind the 8%. If one figures 8% buying and selling fees plus for crsooing the block plus fees for the public to get in the place plus vendor fees, they did make some money. I'm not sure I would enjoy the 10%. I notcie you have a '64 'Vette as well.......so do I.

RedGTvert

zozobra said:
I sold a car of mine, a 1926 AJAX, at the Scottsdale B-J show. I was amazed at the efficiency of those folks and their ability to get pretty good money for the cars so I did not mind the 8%. If one figures 8% buying and selling fees plus for crsooing the block plus fees for the public to get in the place plus vendor fees, they did make some money. I'm not sure I would enjoy the 10%. I notcie you have a '64 'Vette as well.......so do I.

I agree, they do a tremendous job, have all the bases covered and could not be more helpful. They spend a lot of money on advertising the thing, they get in good quality buyers and they have more than enough staff to assist both the buyers and sellers. I agree they make good money on all segments, but it takes a lot of money to put on the sort of production they do.