• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A word about Murphy ('s law).....or how the auction went.

rananim

On Friday I drove my CS to Palm Springs, with wife, Kristi, following in another car. We made a pit stop in Moreno Valley (on hwy 60) and when I got back to the car, found that I could not open the doors - the locks on BOTH sides were jammed. Tow truck guy said it was second car he could not get into and left. I eventually got in with a wire clothes hanger, through the wing window, still could not open doors and slid in through window to drive to Palm Springs. Had some tools and managed to remove door panels, the four rods to the latch and got the latch out.
As many times as I have been in and out of the car these last two months, I had never locked it, nor do I remember doing so in the last two years (garaged). White lithium grease, which I believe was used by Ford, gets hard after a while and has to be cleaned out with solvent eventually. This was one thing I had not done with the car and never gave it any thought. This brings up Murphy's Law.....
Bottom line is that I could not put car up for bid with doors not working, despite exhortations by the auction staff - I wasn't going to sell short.
Good news is that I got to drive it again.
If anyone reading this went to PS in order to bid or look at the car, I apologize; I have made a similar trip in the past.
For those of you going to Knott's, I look forward to meeting you.
Again, want to thank Paul Newitt for his help, and special thanks to Califgirl, for her discretion and allowing me to "break" the story.
If there is any interest in the auction itself, I will be happy to share my thoughts on it.
Sven (rananim)

Diesel Donna

Sven, You sound like you have my kind of luck! Ooooohhhhhh don't get me started........