• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 NOS Hood locks price?

classicsguy

Whats a fair price to pay for 2 NOS hood locks for a 1968 California Special?

Thanks

Mark Puls

When I was looking to upgrade most of what I saw was around 250+ on EBAY. I have seen some decent used ones at shows for 150. Just my 2 cents.

By the way I don't know if i could justify paying that amount because I couldn't tell the difference between repros and NOS. If anyone can please let me know.

Mark

GTCS95616

Call these guys and check their price and availability. I purchased a set from them years ago and they had the locks with the mounting hardware in stock. As I recall they were original equipment and brand new, but I cannot remember how much I paid for them.

http://www.american-mustang.com/index.htm

clubpro

Classicsguy,

You can buy the hood locks from R and R Classics for $109 plus shipping. The locks are made by the original manufacturer and are as good as the N.O.S. locks. Send me an email if you would like to buy them.

Cheers,

Ron

Thanks Paul; I have heard the ones from Branda are real good. I wonder too what's the difference with the NOS ones.

nfrntau

I bought a set of repro hood locks and when compared to the originals I can't tell the difference. Color, finish, dimensions. Mine had some corrosion in spots so wanted something new looking. New hood locks sure look nice.