• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for NOS parts. Light Posts & Hood Locks

imdsparky

My car is heading in for last bodywork & paint very soon (2 wks?) and I'm getting busy looking for the few NOS parts I know I'm lacking.

I have the Lucas lights, but apparently not the posts and brackets. Also not sure the grill is correct for the Lucas setup. Also looking for the hood locks & brackets. Missed NOS parts earlier in the year on EBAY...snoozed & lost. Anyone got leftovers in their collections?

green56

parts for lucas

their was some one selling parts for installing the lucas lights on EBAY

green56

grill for 68

i would say that the 67 grill fits the 68 also the lights get hooked on the grilled molding
some one from the club was selling the parts for mounting the lights

PFSlim

Regarding hood locks, I think Branda has a very nice set. I looked pretty hard to try to find an original set, but could not. I did buy a set from Branda and was very happy with them.

Paul

TraveledGTCS

ClubPro, R&R Classics link, has Pedestal bases used to mount Lucas fog lights to the front of the 1968 Mustang GT/CS California Special and High Country Special. Includes 4 inner threaded bolts, pedestals, star washers, grommets and bracket/spacers - List price $54.95, listed under the grill section, but I understand he will give his cost plus 10% to members of this site if you email him. He also shows the Hood Twist Lock - List price $119.95.

Bill

OP
OP
I

imdsparky

Thanks for the tips, gang. Have looked at the Branda and other repops out there...all look nice, but am trying to locate NOS if I can. The repop brackets for the hood locks (which mount to the support column) are readily detected as different from the NOS that I missed on EBAY, so am continuing to look for NOS. Found a pair of NOS Shelby locks from Hilltop Classics (California?) but they are pricey ($400). I don't mind paying for original stuff (only hurts once) as long as I know they are correct. Looking at our parts reference here on the site, it does appear they used the Shelby locks if I'm interpreting the info correctly. Am I right?

OP
OP
I

imdsparky

Going thru my documentation that came with my car from the previous owner, and what do you know, there's a 1996 Registry from Mr. Newitt !!!! Hey, Hey, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! Info there cleared up both the Hook Twist Lock question as well as the grill for me...Shelby Hood Locks and the grill was the same, whether the car was made prior to 4/26/1968 (the date of the changeover from Marschall to Lucas) or not. Mine was made on March 21, '68, so would have been a Marschall that was converted to a Lucas after the recall. My hood doesn't have the hood twist locks (or any holes for them) so I must assume it isn't the original hood (it does have the integrated blinkers tho') so are there any stamping issues I need to look for to be sure it's date/code correct?

The beat goes on.....

franklinair

Contact Mike Jewell (somethingspecial). He restored a C/S to concourse, and it is immaculata!! He can tell you about cutting the holes in the hood for the locks.

Neil

PFSlim

We cut our holes in our hood as well. That was a big day with alot of pucker factor. We had our original hood and the measurements from PN book. We measured several times off the hood by a couple different people. Then, we drilled a small hole in the exact location of the hood locks. Next, we cut out the big holes on the bottome of the hood with a hole saw being very careful not to drill into the outer skin of the hood. At least 2 person project at this point maybe three as you have one person holding the hood and one person watching the drilling closely. Lastly, we drilled the smaller holes on the skin side of the hood to fit the hood locks.

Good luck.

Paul