• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My friend Mike

Born1968

I wanted to make this post About my good friend Mike Jewell I considered him a very good friend When I got my 1968 California special it did not have the correct grill Do you know Mike Made me 2 grills I had him sign one of them That's still in the Box The grills that he made me are correct in every way down to the rivets I'm going to put some pictures up they're going to be upside down My condolences to his family And he will definitely be missed

Attachments

• 20220404_184621.jpg
    20220404_184621.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220404_184657.jpg
    20220404_184657.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 40

Ricky Knapik

When I bought my car 5 years ago and began the research, the path quickly led to Mike. My car being a 390, 4 speed, was right up his alley. I somehow started messaging him, and eventually ended up on the phone with him. An hour later I was on info overload! :) I thought I knew a little about GT/CS's, but WOW!, that guy seem to know it all. He sent me many pics of his resto, and I used them to add final touches to my car. I always hoped I'd run into him at a show sometime, but that never happened. The GT/CS world lost a wealth of knowledge the day he passed, and too soon after Bob Teets passing was another great loss to our hobby. I certainly dont want to suggest that their loss was greater to the GT/CS world then to their families! My condolences to both families!!! They will not be forgotten anytime soon!