• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 68 Fog Light Breaker

dalorzo_f

Looking for an OEM fog light fuse/breaker that mounts to the "Z plate" under the fuse box.

I am not in Cal, Australia, but the form insists on a location in the US.

Last edited:

AADaddy

Not sure if National Parts Depot ships to Australia but I know they have them. I ordered one from there a couple weeks back. I have not installed it yet.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Buy from NPD all the time. Even with air freight cheaper than buying locally here.

Don't want the repro, hoping to luck out as stupid me cracked mine trying to get the old wires off the one I had. One nut apparently fused to the stud... snap.... :mad:

AADaddy

Bummer. Good to know! I haven't switched mine out yet. The car I am restoring had the wrong fog lights and grill. I got a set of Marchals to put on it and found an original grill. The whole wiring harness had to be replaced because the previous owner cut it all up. I wasn't getting juice to the fog light connections. Before I replaced the breaker I cleaned all the connections and it worked! So I've got a spare breaker just in case now.

CougarCJ

Can someone post a picture of the factory breaker? I can't find any factory Ford electrical diagrams that show fog lights. Also if I could get the amp rating number of the circuit breaker.
Thanks!

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Pics....

CIMG0005Medium.jpg

CIMG0004Medium-3.jpg

CIMG0003Medium-3.jpg

CIMG0002Medium-3.jpg

CIMG0001Medium-3.jpg

CougarCJ

That isn't a common circuit breaker found on cars in my wrecking yard.

With the type 4110, we commonly see 5amp and 25amp.
TUNG-SOL branded ones are 15 amp (4 styles of those) and 25 amp.

Does anyone have a copy of the Ford schematic showing the 1968 fog light wiring?

Ruppstang

Scott I think I have it one of my old Ford Service books. I look tomorrow.
Marty

Ruppstang

No luck in the old service books. It seem to be MIA with the tach diagrams. Here is what I found in the 68 assembly manuals. Marty

Attachments

• 68 Fog Light Wiring 001_crop.jpg
    68 Fog Light Wiring 001_crop.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 68 Fog Light Wiring 002_crop.jpg
    68 Fog Light Wiring 002_crop.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 24