• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 York vs Sanyo

Gatorbait

Hey all. I’m restoring my 1968 CS that I have had for 30 years. It was 99 percent complete, even the pollution control heads. I’m going original in most places but making a few bolt on upgrades for drivability, including some closed chamber bigger valved heads, a period correct 4 barrel intake, 289 hipo manifolds, and borgeson steering. Of course, I’m keeping all the original parts. That said, my goal is as original As reasonable, and as period correct as possible even when not original. It is a factory air car and I’m on the fence on Sanyo vs York. I just hate that ugly modern compressor look. Is the Sanyo performance worth it or will we get decent performance from the york?

Thanks!

franklinair

I've done a few conversions to the new type compressor & R-134 freon. I believe them to be more efficient (cooling, quieter, smoother) than the original system. I used the OLD AIR conversion kit, and it was an easy project.

Neil

Attachments

• ALL PHOTOS 262.jpg
    ALL PHOTOS 262.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 31

Restore

They still make the aluminum york both in r12 and 134a most vendors and rockauto have it. I got a brand new 134a york $187 from rockauto works great and everything looks factory original.