• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 NOS gas cap: What is a fair price?

mechanicalguy48

Yeah I think the other clue is that the original part was a C7ZA (not C72A) which means the part originated from chassis engineering division. Whereas the C8ZZ originated from Ford parts and service Division meaning it was a service replacement part.
C- the decade
7- the year the part originated
Z- the car line (mustang)
A- Chassis Engineering , or Z- Ford parts and service division

J.Bart

my box doesn't have 1986 on it , it has 1966

Attachments

• 68 gsa 1.jpg
    68 gsa 1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 30

clubpro

Okay my bad! My 50 year old eyes saw 1986, but you are correct it is 1966. Mechanicalguy48 explained it better than anyone. That is why I love this website the knowledge is amazing!!!

Cheers,

Ron

J.Bart

so then mine is a 60's service replacement cap, not one of the assembly line?
how would this affect a concourse car???

mechanicalguy48

In some cases they accept the service replacement parts and in some cases they dont. You would have to talk to an MCA judge on that one I think. Personally I have never seen them take off a gas cap and look , I think they go by external looks, but it depends on the class too. In trailered concours they are a bit more fussy then say in driven concours class.