• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS & HCS pricing and value

68hicountry

There is a lot of discussion about the pricing and value of these specialty cars. I bought My HCS about a year and an half ago and several people on the sight thought that I was nuts for spending 22k for a HSC that was numbers matching and in excellent condition (a driver not a pure show car).

You can look at the car on my myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/jdt425
Just look under my pics located under my picture.

During this years Barret Jackson auction I had my car out in Scottsdale and I had several offers to sell it. The highest offer was 36k. I am not ready to part with the car but I was correct in my bet that the car would be an excellent investment. There are a lot of classic car investors that would spend big money on a quality GT/CS or a HCS. Our cars need more exposure to collectors and the general public. All we need is a few cars to be involved in the larger auctions like Barret Jackson. With just a couple more GT/CS's or even better a HSC to cross the auction block the overall value of the cars would jump. Until that happens we all will be speculating as to what we think that our cars might be worth and bickering with each other over general values of the vehicles.
I was able to look at the GT/CS that crossed the block at Barrett Jackson in 2006 and the car was nice but it was a driver and it went for 49k. There are a lot of individuals on this site that have vehicles that would put that car to shame. It just takes one good car to set the bar for the rest of us. John

Perkchiro

John: I don't know who thought you spent too much for your HCS, but it's apparent you didn't make a mistake since you've already got an offer for 36K. I look at it this way, some of us who just love muscle cars and vintage vehicles from the past will pay just about any amount to get what they desire. I bought my CS in 2002 for 9,500 and spent close to 30K to restore it. I'm not going to part with it anytime soon, but I don't think I'll lose money either when I'm ready to part with it when I'm old and can't drive. I may be wrong about that, but I really feel that time will prove the increasing worth of our classic, special Mustangs. I think the BJ Mustang sale was atypical, but maybe representative of future dollar demand. Enjoy your cherry HCS and also enjoy knowing that you own one of the coolest classics on the road.

Robbie273

John,

I also live in Phoenix and work at Luke AFB. It would be nice to meet you and check out your car. I have a GT/CS that I purchased a few years ago in Sun City.

Rob Taylor

somethingspecial

August BBQ

Hi John, Nice HCS. I hope to see you at this years August 18th GT/CS-HCS BBQ. It would be nice to have some HCS representation this year. If you haven't seen pictures yet, look for the threads on the 2006 August BBQ. Mike