• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

modern equivelant to the F70 Wide oval

dbeal

What would be the modern equivelant to the F70 Wide oval firestone that was used on our GTCS cars?

DSO51

Are you looking for a replacement or do you want the reproduction Wide Ovals? If you are looking for the Wide-Oval, www.coker.com, has the 14 inch raised white letter Wide Ovals. Takes a little bit of searching. Otherwise, I know alot of people have opted for the Goodyear Eagle ST for a modern replacement.

Good Luck,

DSO51

66 Dearborn HCS

I think the F70 is 235/60 14. That might be the F60 though.

The guys at Performance Wheel and Tire Inc. in Englewood CO have always been helpful and have some sales-guys around who should know the conversion. They helped me fit a set of 235/60 14's on my '68 Plymouth Fury III and knew before hand that the original wheel studs on the driver side were reverse (left-handed) thread and knew exactly what they needed before hand. They really knew their stuff. Their number is 303-934-2929.

Scott W