• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Black GT/CS

franklinair

I have sold my Black GT/CS, and it is now in transit to its new owner in New Zealand. In all likelyhood it was my last restoration due to age and Mother Nature taking its toll. I injured my back a few years ago and can't do any heavy work anymore.
I hated to see it go, but my driving is limited, and my two best friends have become Tylonol & a heating pad.
I've still got a '68 convertible & Peggy's '57 T-Bird to play with so I can still work in my shop each day as my back allows.
The new owner contacted me through the person that bought the Highland Green GT/CS from Hatchdog, which I had completed a few years ago.
For those of you that follow the value of these cars, the prices are continually climbing- this one sold for $55,000. And I see others listed at or near $70K.

Neil

Attachments

• Black GTCS NZ2.jpg
    Black GTCS NZ2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Black GTCS NZ.jpg
    Black GTCS NZ.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Black GTCS NZ4.jpg
    Black GTCS NZ4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Black GTCS NZ3.jpg
    Black GTCS NZ3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 55

hatchdog

Neil,

Sorry to hear about your back issues. As Arlie’s signature line says, “getting old isn’t for cowards”.

The fact that a friend of the guy who bought my car contacted you and purchased yours speaks volumes about the quality of your work on these restorations.

Congratulations on the sale and enjoy that convertible and the T-bird.

Mike

CaliStang68

Had to be hard to see it get loaded and drive away forever. But on to your next chapter.

sam

Congratulations and what a testimony on your accomplished California Special Mustang restorations. You’ve done these line of cars a great service.
Sam

Toy68CS

Neil.
I am sure it is like selling your kids. I can relate to this getting old gets in the way of working on your toys.
I am fairly new to to club (2015) but your knowledge of the CS and your willing to share with the younger group is priceless. And you can continue that until? Well you know when!

Midnight Special

Hi Tim,
Do you have any cars left? I never thought you would sell Midnight Special.

Just doing planes now?

Marty

Hi Marty!
All of them are gone except for one S-Code now . I never had any for sale, but kept getting offers from people who knew about them while waiting for the values to climb much like Neil did.

The "Midnight Special", and another 4-speed went to a father with couple of young sons in the same way I entered this hobby seventeen years ago...

In the meantime - plenty busy with planes plus restoring & running classic trains. ;-) Life is good.

Attachments

• cs3.jpg
    cs3.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 34
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 39
  • cs5.jpg
    cs5.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 39
  • cs4.jpg
    cs4.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 38
  • cs1.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 43

Ruppstang

I forgot you are a planes, trains and automobiles guy. You know I am a plane guy too, but I have to say the wooden train car restoration sure looks interesting.

I still have fond memories of visiting you and Renee 11 years ago. It was great to meet you both and see all of your cars.

I currently have a interesting project. We moved a 1890 built farm house (265,000 LBS) and now we have added a 48x50 garage/shop. The owners want the new addition to match the style of the house so we are adding all of the Victorian trim to it as well as restoring and replacing missing pieces from the home. Inside we will update the plumbing and electrical systems but the main floor and second story will maintain their historical trim and period furnishings. It is my understanding that it took three years to build in the 1890s we hope to complete the restoration in a year or so.

Attachments

• Schliefert 001.jpg
    Schliefert 001.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 34
  • schliefert1 001.jpg
    schliefert1 001.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 34

Ruppstang

The first picture must have been too large so it went vertical sorry. Here is a current picture of our progress. Also the beautiful picture you took of us driving away from your place 11 years ago.

Marty

Attachments

• 2007-02-02 19.21.40.jpg
    2007-02-02 19.21.40.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_5445 68 Fastback at Tim O Brian's.jpg
    DSC_5445 68 Fastback at Tim O Brian's.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 48

robert campbell

Hi Marty!
All of them are gone except for one S-Code now . I never had any for sale, but kept getting offers from people who knew about them while waiting for the values to climb much like Neil did.

The "Midnight Special", and another 4-speed went to a father with couple of young sons in the same way I entered this hobby seventeen years ago...

In the meantime - plenty busy with planes plus restoring & running classic trains. ;-) Life is good.

Tim,
Is that a P-38 Lightening?? My dad's favorite WWII airplane and mine also. I have learned to be careful on airplane identification!! You have set me straight too many times!!

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

The Black GT/CS has arrived in New Zealand.

Neil

Attachments

• Black CSNZ1.jpg
    Black CSNZ1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 38
  • BlackCSNZ2.jpg
    BlackCSNZ2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 35

mbsf1970

Neil,

Christmas Covid has me in my basement feeling a touch nostalgic so I dropped by to look at the board.....Your black GT/CS turned out gorgeously!! Congrats! There are so many wonderful gtcs models still on the road today due to your knowledgeable and loving hands......so many memories and so thankful.

Stephen