• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Tail Lamp Bezel/Lens Screw Finish

stangfan

The lens to panel screws on the left of my tail lamps were missing altogether. When I took apart the right side, I found that there were 4 screws holding the lens to the panel. All 4 of them are a black finish. The set of 16 screws I just received through my supplier (from AMK) are all stainless steel, as are the bezel screws that are on my car.

My question is, were the original screws securing the lens to the panel a black finish or are they supposed to be stainless?

Ruppstang

Steve they all should be chrome. The black ones were used on Tbirds and 69 Shelby's that had the black surrounding the edge of the chrome.
Marty

Mosesatm

Marty,
Every lens I've removed over the years had 4 chrome screws on the outside and 4 black screws on the inside.

somethingspecial

Marty,
Every lens I've removed over the years had 4 chrome screws on the outside and 4 black screws on the inside.

+1, black oxide finish on the lenses, and chrome on the bezel. I'm not sure you can get the black oxide screws, since they are hidden by the bezel, if chrome is what you have, use them. JMHO.

Ruppstang

Marty,

Arlie good to know, unbelievable timing this question came up this afternoon while working on a GTCS. AMK bag came with all chrome. As Mike said it really makes no difference. It is good to know the truth. It is hard to know for sure as most cars have been so messed with.
Marty

Bobsdad

Anyone happen to have a recommended exterior bezel screw replacement? See photo
46c90cc6266c6249d969e84c9bb8ecf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bobsdad

Thanks, Arlie! Just emailed you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk