• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS Stripes - Centered across the scoop?

Tequila

We followed Paul's book as well the following link to line up the stripes. We would like to confirm if the GT/CS logo should be centered across the side scoop or the GT/CS logo should be closer to edge (by the door)? The picture in the book shows the logo being closer to the edge of the door but remember reading somewhere that it should be centered across the scoop. Just confirming before attaching it. Thanks.

https://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13006&highlight=Stripes

OP
OP
T

Tequila

I just thought I would add couple of pictures so that it is a bit more clearer as to what I am talking about.

The red picture is from the book where you can see the logo is not centered. Logo is closer to the door. The blue picture from this site from the how to identify section. You can see the logo more centered across the side scoop. Trying to see which one is accurate before installing it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-145916_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-145916_Messages.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20220128-200552_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-200552_Samsung Internet.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 30

franklinair

I couldn't find any fore & aft measurement for the side scoop decal placement, but logic to me would be to center the GT/CS nomenclature. That's the way I did mine.

Neil

Attachments

• BlackCS side.jpg
    BlackCS side.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
T

Tequila

Thanks Neil. Appreciate the reply. Centering it makes sense.