• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 wide grill opening molding

Ricky Knapik

Who sells the best wide grill opening molding? I bought a set from NPD, they're so thin they were both dented when they arrived. Thanks

stangfan

Let them know about the problem. I've had VERY good luck with NPD making things right. They would most likely refund your money if they don't have a better part.

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

They are taking them back, but I need something better than those!

Ruppstang

NOS is the best. I still can find good originals that I can refinish.

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

Marty, have to paint them anyway, but does the aluminum polish out nice enough?

Ruppstang

Nicks and defects do not polish out of the aluminum. It is bright dipped anodized, which makes a very hard coating that will not corrode. unfortunately, it is not repairable.

It is best to start with a good part.

cmacias24

Ricky,
I picked up some NOS parts locally a in 2019 and I may have a new set. I’ll look for them in my storage shed this afternoon and reach out to you. I was going to keep them for a future project but I doubt my wife and kids would allow that to happen :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk