• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup

nfrntau

23rd Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up
June 16th through June 19th in Steamboat Springs, Colorado
www.rmmr.org

Started by Rob, "It is my hope that we can organize an annual event for GT/CS and HCS cars. I am voting for Denver in 2011."
http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8313

Moving it to the event calendar
How many folks are still planning on coming?
Rob's idea of getting together for pizza and beer sounds like a winner.

1. Bill - nfrntau
2. Arlie - Mosesatm
3. Rob - robert campbell
4. Amy - aemoo28
5. ?

66hcs-conv

So whats the verdict? You folks comming to Denver before or after Steamboat?

I am in Loveland (about 1 hour north of Denver), and could check around for facilities in Loveland or Estes Park. Estes Park is right outside Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park. Or are we thinking in the Denver area?

Let me know, I will help however I can.

Dave

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

I will be coming in from the South on Thursday morning, planning to arrive Steamboat in time for the scenic cruise. For me, someplace close to Steamboat would work best.

Mosesatm

I'll be able to meet up sometime between Wednesday and Sunday wherever and whenever folks pick.

BroadwayBlue

Enjoy it everyone and take lots of pictures!

This is the same weekend as the MCA show in Long Island, NY.
Planning to attend that as we don't get too many MCA shows scheduled in this area.

Have fun!

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

My daughter told me last night that she would like to tour the Coors Brewery while were there...... Just thinking out loud

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Were a week and a half out. Have we decided to meet somewhere? How many of the Denver area GT/CS - HCS guys are planning on attending?

hicountrybob

Anybody bringing a 1966 High Country Special to this event? I'm planning on going, but would like to know if any of 1966 HCS will be there.

My wife and I will be there with a '68 HCS, a '68 Cal. Sp, and with Mustang friends ie Thurs. thru Sunday. Who else?????????????????? Let's get together, somehow. Bob Teets here.

lenta

I would love to come but my '68 HCS is in the shop right now and the ride home takes forever...greetings from the Netherlands.

Love to see the pictures.

Ruppstang

I had planed for the last year to come. My wife Tari took the MCA national show secretary position. She runs the tally room at the national shows and we have a show this weekend in Long Island NY. I will miss seeing all of you. Next year we have two shows in the west, one in red rocks Utah and one in Concord CA. so hopfuly I can meet some of you there. Marty

Mosesatm

Photos of 4 of the cars at the Steamboat show

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 84
  • Maroon.jpg
    Maroon.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Yellow.jpg
    Yellow.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 88

CougarCJ

Nice, 4 1968 HCS & GT/CS's all without vinyl tops.

So, whose are they?

Mosesatm

The gold one is Marge and Keith's (see the magazine photos) and the green one is Bob Teets' only-one-in-the-world X-code HCS. Sorry, I don't remember the names of the other 2 owners.

Here is a photo of Bill's car. It wasn't with the other 4 because it was in the Modified class.

Attachments

• Bills Car.jpg
    Bills Car.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 1993 March Mustang & Fords Small.jpg
    1993 March Mustang & Fords Small.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 1997 March Must Ill P44 Small.jpg
    1997 March Must Ill P44 Small.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 1997 March Must Ill P45 Small.jpg
    1997 March Must Ill P45 Small.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 36

hicountrybob

Nice, 4 1968 HCS & GT/CS's all without vinyl tops.

So, whose are they?

I can finish this tread, sorry I didn't get to it sooner. Car # 1 is a J code HCS, sunlight gold color/deluxe gold nugget int. w/ ps ,c4, tint, AND one of 2 in the HCS registry with factory AC, owned by Keith and Marge Sheppelman of Parachute CO, just west of Denver. Car # 2 is a X code HCS, highland green/std gold nugget int. w/ C-6, ps,pdb, am 8 track, tint, heavy duty susp thus a NON gt. My wife and I own it in Arvada, Co., just north west of Denver, Co. Car #3 is a C code Cal Sp, royal maroon/red std interior, am 8 track, pdb, 4-speed, ps. and dual exh. We just sold this car 2 weeks ago to Barry and Julia Shaffer of Brighton, CO, just north of Denver. Car #4 is a C code HCS, meadowlark yellow/blk std interior, AM, ps and duals owned by Barry and Barb Mathias of Littleton, Co, just south of Denver. WE all are members of the Early Mustang Club of Colorado. Barry M. and I were disappointed that other (5) HC and CS cars in our area chose not to come this year. Also, at the SAAC get togther last summer(in northen CA), there was much, much interest from owners of the Cal Sp's there in coming to Colorado as well as numerous Cal Sp participants in Seattle at the MCA show in August (some dozen or so) that Barry M. and I met, were excited, but ALAS, no show. HOW about an interest next year (I'm not going to live forever, you know!!!) Keep it in mind, Father's Day weekend every year. Bob Teets here.

Ruppstang

Bob,
Thanks for the complete run down on these beautiful cars! I wish we could have been there. Our HCS still lacks a few thing to be show ready, like for one a engine. We will have to see what is in next Junes schedule. You have to live forever I do not know who could fill those big shoes you wear.

Attachments

• HCS Suspenstion 008.JPG
    HCS Suspenstion 008.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 38