• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe Red RWD Automatic California Special

speedy02

About this vehicle

This 1968 Ford Mustang is an original with updates to the exterior, interior and drivetrain. The owner has had it for 3 years. The vehicle runs great and is mainly used for weekend drives.
Vehicle Details

Up for sale is a real 1968 Ford Mustang California Special.

- 1 of 4118 California Special Mustangs produced in 1968

- Candy Apple Red / standard black interior

- C code 289 / C4 automatic

- Deluxe Marti Report & GT/CS registration

- clean GA title in my name

I purchased this car locally a few years ago and have been refurbishing it as a light resto-mod driver, however there are other projects at this point I’d rather spend time on. So far the work completed includes…

- car stripped and all metal issues repaired: front floors and toe boards, frame rail patches, and patches in the doors.

- undercarriage and engine bay stripped, scuffed, primed, and painted.

- welded in subframe connectors.

- completely rebuilt 289: new internals, upgraded cam, rebuilt 2 barrel Holley.

- rebuilt C4 automatic w/ upgraded valves and a mild shift kit.

- new Scott Drake exhaust system.

- refurbished rear differential with new seals and bearings.

- OpenTracker stage 1 suspension including Shelby drop, shocks and springs, and rear leafs.

- Vintage Wheel Works 16x8 wheels

- 225/50/16 & 245/50/16 BFG Sport Comp II’s

- Wilwood front disc brake conversion

- new Borgeson power steering system.

- reupholstered front seats, new carpet, and a refinished Grant steering wheel.

- fresh fuel system including tank, jump, and lines.

What the car still needs:

- the paint is mostly original and shows like a “fair driver,” with the work I’ve done the car is 100% ready for a repaint.

- new window gaskets.

- dash pad has a slight warp in it

- tires are old, but garage kept. Need replaced soon.

I have the reserve set conservatively for the amount of work and time spent on this car. Bid to win. I will take a certified check, wire transfer, or cash. Car will not be released until all funds are securely in my account.

Willing to work with your shipper, or I have an excellent shipping contact in the southeast at $4 per loaded mile.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1749257581...,osub=osub,crd=crd,segname=segname,chnl=mkcid

Attachments

• 68gtcs1.jpg
    68gtcs1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 68gtcs5.jpg
    68gtcs5.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 68gtcs2.jpg
    68gtcs2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 68gtcs4.jpg
    68gtcs4.jpg