• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Getting some rare option

Born1968

My 1968 mustang rear defogger came today. . I even found the correct 1968 Mustang switch

Attachments

• 20210216_154149.jpg
    20210216_154149.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210216_153954.jpg
    20210216_153954.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210216_154112.jpg
    20210216_154112.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 61

robert campbell

My GT/CS had that option. Same switch. Actually used it many times and it did do a nice job in the winter up here in the Seattle area. Made it a one of one. Not that that is a big deal.

Rob

1968Cally

My car has one but it is not on the Marti. Guess that means it was purchased through the dealer or from a private party at some point. It works but have never had occasion to use it. Mine does not get driven in the rain and I am to old to be steamin up the windows!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
That's great! Thanks for sharing and please post a photo once it's installed.

As a 16 yr old my first car was a '68 coupe (not the HCS I have now) and the very first modification I did to it was add a rear defroster. I ordered it out of the JC Whitney catalog and waited 3 weeks for my check to get to them, then the package to be shipped to me (way before internet!) It was a simple motor mounted in the trunk and two defroster hoses up to small round grilles I cut into the package tray. Kind of a cheesy package, but worked well in Colorado when it rained and snowed.

I've always wanted a factory setup, but just never got around to searching for one very hard.

1968Cally

That's great! Thanks for sharing and please post a photo once it's installed.

As a 16 yr old my first car was a '68 coupe (not the HCS I have now) and the very first modification I did to it was add a rear defroster. I ordered it out of the JC Whitney catalog and waited 3 weeks for my check to get to them, then the package to be shipped to me (way before internet!) It was a simple motor mounted in the trunk and two defroster hoses up to small round grilles I cut into the package tray. Kind of a cheesy package, but worked well in Colorado when it rained and snowed.

I've always wanted a factory setup, but just never got around to searching for one very hard.
Was that a true defroster (i.e. had a heat coil or just a blower as in defogger?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Dave, it was just a fan, no heat source. So I should have called it a defogger.

robert campbell

Mine worked great in the winter in the Pacific NW. Just a fan but it cleared the rear window very fast!

Rob