• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 gt/cs

franklinair

I'm going to look at this GT/CS next week in Georgia:
J code, A/T, P/B, P/S
Survivor, not in our file, so I sent the Marti copy to Arlie.

Neil

Attachments

• Waycross CS.jpg
    Waycross CS.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 77

speedy02

I have to say I am pretty excited to see a GT/CS back in your life. So fingers crossed everything works out.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Checked out the red GT/CS today in Waycross, GA.
It is BETTER than I anticipated: Rust free, original body panels, engine, interior.
A true survivor. The engine (87,000 miles) ran smooth as silk, with no smoke.
It does need cosmetic help. The Candyapple Red paint, done years ago is not even
second-rate. :-(
The upholstery will have to be replaced (split in the front bucket seats), needs
a dash pad, instrument bezel, and need to procure Lucas light stanchions.
Chrome is all good, and the original grille is perfect.
I already have the parts for a Factory Air system with the exception of the engine bracketry & 3 groove belt pulley if I choose to install A/C.
I also have a lower console but would like to install an overhead one as well. (The headliner is perfect.)
It's been a long day- 6 hours drive each way. Time to go to bed, toss & turn, and formulate my plan of attack. ;-)

Neil

Ruppstang

I have a nice overhead console.

BTW are you going to the MCA national show in South Carolina at the end of the month?

Ruppstang

It was great spending time with you guys at the MCA national. BTW I found the bracket and wiring for the overhead console.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Got the GT/CS home, and in my shop.

Neil

Attachments

• RED.jpg
    RED.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

It needs paint & interior. Body panels are all good, has a new dual exhaust system, tail lite lenses & bezels are new, all new hoses & belts, engine runs very smooth- but I'll do a compression check anyway and verify oil pressure.

Neil

clubpro

Looks like there will be another 100 point Cal Special in the works. Can't wait to see what you do to it. Wish that I could have some floor mats made up for it, but I don't have that source any more.

Cheers!

Ron

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Although I'm months away from having to make a decision, I'm debating whether to go back with Black or White GT/CS striping. (The Marti Report doesn't stipulate stripe colors.) Short of having a Build Sheet to specify, is there a way of knowing what color stripe was used?
The car was built with Candyapple Red, Black interior, Black vinyl top.

Neil

PS: Look what I found in my 'inventory'.

Attachments

• FLOORMATS.jpg
    FLOORMATS.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Ruppstang

Although I'm months away from having to make a decision, I'm debating whether to go back with Black or White GT/CS striping. (The Marti Report doesn't stipulate stripe colors.) Short of having a Build Sheet to specify, is there a way of knowing what color stripe was used?
The car was built with Candyapple Red, Black interior, Black vinyl top.

Neil

I would say black stripe with that combination.