• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS and Paul Newitt mentioned in Green Hornet article

390cs68rcode

Was at the bookstore today and noticed a Motor Trend Classic magazine. Glanced at the cover and sure enough it was the Green Hornet (the father to our cars). The title of the article is Million Dollar Babies. The article is below and I highly suggest reading it, good stuff in there. Our cars are mentioned a few times. I sure wish they would have built these cars.

img025.jpg

img024.jpg

TheBlkPearl

Cool

What a beautiful car - somebody at Ford killed a great idea. I had several mid 60's Corvettes, the independent rear suspensions were great for handling but were a weak link under hard launches - not that I ever did that.

P

PNewitt

It's ironic, about two months ago, I had an e-mail exchange with Matt Stone of MT Classics, and then he told me that this was coming out. Matt wrote an article for Autoweek on the GT/CS many years ago.

I wish I had as little as 5% of the 2 mil for doing this research for the Green Hornet. But, that's life. No sour grapes...after all, my name in print is pretty cool. I disagree that the current IRS was "tacked together". Martin Euler did an excellent job with that IRS, and it held up very well when he tried to fishtail it around a corner. Martin broke half-shafts trying to do that.

The important thing is that it gives even more exposure to the GT/CS. You'll all benefit from this article.

Neat stuff!!

Paul N.

Perkchiro

Beautiful one-of-a-kind car. Can anyone estimate it's value or would "Priceless" be applicable here? Also, I've never seen a restoration done in this fashion. Does anyone know of there are such cars around? Seems that this would be a good project using a standard coupe, NOT a CS). Any thoughts out there?

Steve

case12

$1mill at auction for the Green Hornet. BJ auctioned off the hemi cuda convertible (one of 14) just like the one in the article for $2m.

There is only one Green Hornet, and enough Sheby lovers with big money to pay that much for it. Casey