• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

NOS Gas Cap on eBAy...

Doug

Could not have said it better, but I would not be surprized if it sells. Someone will just "have to have it". And the prices keep going higher and higher. As they say it's only worth what someone will pay.

Not me today but who knows maybe in a couple of years these prices may seem a bargin, just look at our cars as an example. I am sure that we all have brought something a while back and now that item is ten times what we paid for it.

zozobra

When I got my CS the flip down part of the gas cap was gone so I bought a new reproduction one (not cheap). Every so often it woule pop open while I was driving down the road. Most annoying and scary the first time it happened. So I got a used one on Ebay (not cheap). It is not as shiny but it sure works better. Don't know whay but I may have boght this one right when I got the car. I bet I have almost the same total amount of money in the two of them.

sam

hate to admit it, but I bought 2 new NOS caps for big money. One to put on the car, and the other to put on the shelf in case (forbidden) I was ever in an accident. Also crazy, but I purchased NOS Lucas lamps to put on the car and have the "old ones" on the shelf.......just in case.
As the years go by, things may perhaps become more scarce to find...........
and oh yea...........I did the same for NOS GT hub caps.
If my wife knew this...............you get the picture.

Sam

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

hate to admit it, but I bought 2 new NOS caps for big money. One to put on the car, and the other to put on the shelf in case (forbidden) I was ever in an accident. Also crazy, but I purchased NOS Lucas lamps to put on the car and have the "old ones" on the shelf.......just in case.
As the years go by, things may perhaps become more scarce to find...........
and oh yea...........I did the same for NOS GT hub caps.
If my wife knew this...............you get the picture.

Sam

Send me the gas cap and she'll never find out :wink:

zozobra

"...........I did the same for NOS GT hub caps"

My CS had the deluxe wheel covers on it when new (Marti report), which have become somewhat worn through the years. I put on used OEM GT rims, trim pieces, and caps on it because I like them so much better. But I knew the car came with the wheel covers. I did buy a set of better used deluxe wheels several months ago, hoping to get one good set out of the eight covers. But when a set of NOS deluxe wheels covers came up on Ebay several weeks ago I bought them and now have them sitting in storage. I'll never put them on the car, but someone some day may want to bring it to absolute stock. That's crazy because I don't even really like the wheel covers. Oh, well.......