• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Taillight Covers (Inside Trunk)

BroadwayBlue

Not sure if anyone is looking for the taillight covers that go in the trunk.

I thought only Branda was carrying them but found them on the Virginia Classic Mustang site as well.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/catalog/shop/item.asp?itemid=ST177

Found a number of things on the Virginia site for decent prices.

Speaking of Branda. Looks like their site has changed and no special CS section anymore - or I can't find it. Note the info on their homepage in regards to Shelby licensing ... might be old news for some but I haven't been there in awhile.

http://store.cobranda.com/index.html

:: IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING CARROLL SHELBY LICENSING INC ::

A note to our valued customers regarding recent questions and rumors involving merchandise licensed through Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc. (CSL):

Branda Performance, Inc. is currently working in conjunction with Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc. in order to continue providing Officially Licensed Carroll Shelby products to our customers. Currently certain items which bear any of the logos, brands or intellectual property of CSL, are on backorder and are not instock for shipment at this time. We will gladly accept customers backorders for these items for shipment at a later date. As of July 15 2006, the approximate time estimated for fulfilment of these orders is 1-2 months.

Please call for a complete list of effected items.

Branda Performance, Inc. will offer these items for sale again in the near future, pending new licensing agreements with Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc.

Jayscal

Those tail light covers were long gone when I got my car. Anyone have pictures of them installed?

Perkchiro

I wouldn't use Virginia Classic Mustang if I were you. They overcharged me $10 on an advertised price in Mustang Monthly for a new fresh air vent knob. They were back ordered and then charged me for additional shipping. Also, I previously purchased a front hood trim piece that didn't fit and was of very poor quality. When I inquired about it to VA classic, they informed me that if would cost more to ship it back than to keep it. No offer to replace defective items. I told them that I wouldn't do business with them again and their response was "fine, we'll take you off our contact list". I don't like the way they do business, they don't seem to give a rip about their customers. but that's just my 2 cents.

Steve

Diesel Donna

Re: The Shelby licensing deal......I read somewhere that in the future you cannot buy any Shelby parts from Branda or anyone else without providing proof that you have a real Shelby. I believe this is to prevent the making of more clones that people are saying are a true Shelby...and fetching the big bucks...but it is not. I may have read it in Mustang Monthly.

Mosesatm

Perkchiro said:
I wouldn't use Virginia Classic Mustang if I were you. They overcharged me $10 on an advertised price in Mustang Monthly for a new fresh air vent knob. They were back ordered and then charged me for additional shipping. Also, I previously purchased a front hood trim piece that didn't fit and was of very poor quality. When I inquired about it to VA classic, they informed me that if would cost more to ship it back than to keep it. No offer to replace defective items. I told them that I wouldn't do business with them again and their response was "fine, we'll take you off our contact list". I don't like the way they do business, they don't seem to give a rip about their customers. but that's just my 2 cents.

Steve

Why is customer service so hard to come by these days?!!!

I had a similar experience with Laurel Mountain Mustang, and, unless I need a critical part right away, I just won't deal with John's any more. Which is too bad because they are in Houston and very convenient.

So far NPD is my choice. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't have on-line ordering. Well, and their prices are a little higher.

Can anyone else recommend a good Mustang parts supplier?

rvrtrash

I like to use Year One. They don't have as much stuff as the other guys and the prices are just a shade higher but their customer service is unbelievable. Among a lot of other things, I ordered new CS script from them during my restoration. I never opened the packages but found originals about 8 months later and on a chance called them and asked if I could return the repops. They took them with no hassle. That and some other things they resolved with no hassle is worth a lot to me. I always look in their catalog first if I need something.
Steve

Perkchiro

I agree Arlie, NPD has been the best to me so far. They shipped me a wrong part recently and when I called them they apologized, sent the replacement out immediately and provided a UPS call ticket for the return part. As far as I'm concerned, NPD will be my first choice for all parts purchased. Very nice and well informed people who take care of their customers.

Steve

case12

I use Larry's Mustang. Some issues, but have gotten comfortable with them. To me they have been best mix of price and shipping cost. Some, like Paddock, really zing you on shipping costs - at least in my experience. Casey

P

PNewitt

It seems like there is a lot of customer disatisfaction, yet, still a few good ones out there.

Maybe someone could set up a poll here to let folks vote on which is the best and worst place to buy parts.

Such as: Customer Service phone/fax/internet; shipping costs, returns & UPS, etc..etc...

I'd like to know this, because I'm going to list a few sources for parts in the new book, and if you're unhappy, I'd like to know.

just my two bits,

Paul.

di81977

I was a big NPD fan until recently.

I purchased a headlight harness from them and they send out the wrong part. The packaging had 2 different labels (GT w/ Tach and GT w/o Tach) and the actual part was neither of these. The manager talked about how they have 60,000+ parts and that it is the vendors fault. When I told him that I tried to install it, he told me I was out of luck since it was an "electrical" part. Gave me the vendors phone number to resolve. Great customer service!

miller511

I like the convenience of Mustangs Plus in Stockton, CA. Going over there, face-to-face is great. Plus, I save on shipping, which is a bonus. And they seem to be pretty well informed at the ordering desk. And they have a number of Mustangs in their show room that make it easy to drag the ordering guy over to it and say "I need this (pointing at something on the car) part right here." Works well when you didn't happen to drive the CS over there.
Of course, this only works if you're within reasonable driving distance of your Mustang parts supplier.

NPD is my second choice.

somethingspecial

NPD has my vote. I recently ordered some OEM rear axle studs. I needed them in black oxide, not zinc plated. I was assured they were black oxide. When they arrived, they were zinc plated. I called and the sales manager looked in his inventory, as the computer said they were black oxide. He told me the supplier no longer makes the black oxide studs. He refunded my money, and shipping costs immediately. I offered to send the studs back, and he told me "Not necessary". An honest mistake, and great customer service. A#1 in my book.
ps, found the studs in a wrecking yard.
mike

CJ

I have been dealing with California Mustang in Pomona, CA since they opened in 1976 and NPD for many years too. Never had any problems.

CJ

Mustanger

CJ said:
I have been dealing with California Mustang in Pomona, CA since they opened in 1976 and NPD for many years too. Never had any problems.

CJ

Cal Mustang is now in the City Of Industry for a number of years (over 10 yrs) in their 2nd location (first they were off of Valley Blvd, now they're off of San Jose Ave) ... they're pretty good, I like them if I can go and buy something quick and save on shipping ... then I've also driven to Larry's T-birds and Mustangs (used to be in Fullerton, now in Corona) and to Rebel Mustang (in La Habra, or catch him at the Pomona Swap Meet) ... for some obscure Ford items, Ford Power Parts (Buena Park) has some unique items (like my Boss 351C-4v aluminum manifold for my Mach 1), but sometimes their customer service isn't too hot ...

CJ

Cal Mustang is now in the City Of Industry for a number of years (over 10 yrs) in their 2nd location (first they were off of Valley Blvd, now they're off of San Jose Ave) ...
Mustanger; When they first started out in 1976 they were located in Pomona. Check their "history" on their web site. I thought my memory was going bad.

CJ

Mustanger

CJ said:
Mustanger; When they first started out in 1976 they were located in Pomona. Check their "history" on their web site. I thought my memory was going bad.

CJ

... No, your memory's good, they did start out in Pomona (I remember them being there), all that I was trying to say is that they're now in a different location in case anyone wanted to look them up or drive down to their business location ... maybe I should've described their location history as 2nd and 3rd instead of 1st and 2nd with respect to residing in the City of Industry, sorry ...

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Jayscal said:
Can anyone post a pic of these covers installed on their car?

Please

Sorry Jay I would but I got impatient when I went to install them and creased one. They're sitting in my garage for now.

I think someone here probably has them installed though. Can anyone help out or point Jay to a gallery pic?

I know trunk shots aren't the most popular to post :grin:

I think the registry books have some pics of them installed if I'm not mistaken. Can't get to mine right now.

mmarsalone

Jay,

I've got them installed in my car. I'm sorry, I can't get a pic until probably late on Monday, if you can wait. We're out of town for the holiday. They are not difficult to install. The two pieces are different and can only fit on their side. They go in curved vertically around the tail lights. There are cut outs in them on the top that are for the metal tabs that hold the wiring harness. Take your time so you don't crease them like Rich happened to do.