• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Mini tach wiring

jamoaus

Hi all!

Hope someone can help here..

I have an instrument cluster with a mini tach in the center where the clock was and I have red and black wire on either side of the mini tach and 1 wire that’s become disconnected. I see there are 2x prongs (1x in the center and 1x at the top of the tach. Does it matter which prong this disconnected wire attaches to? I assume it does.. I can see that the wire travels to the side of the ignition coil.

f23f228b7e0a352b0d4198f22961412c.jpg

Any thoughts on which prong it belongs to on the mini tach?

728b2c0a34a9e9dc86e9003872df795b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruppstang

It seems like it can work for a 6 cil. and a V8 depending how it is hooked up but I no longer have the instructions.

franklinair

I don't recognize your Tach compared to the Retrogauge Tach from the Rocketman.
I have a new 8 Cyl Tach (in the box) from Rocketman and it only has 3 connections, +, -, and signal (from the coil).
Do you know who manufactured the one you have?

Neil

whodat

Seems like S would be signal

OP
OP
jamoaus

jamoaus

Thanks all.

Turns out it was the top one. Everything is back up and running!