• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 I Know Nothing Should Surprise Me But......

Mosesatm

Before today I'd never seen the steering wheel wiring routed between the column and the bracket. It's squashed flat but it still works.

And then there is the steering column floor bracket with no bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_6142Reduced.jpg
    IMG_6142Reduced.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1430Reduced.jpg
    IMG_1430Reduced.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 63

franklinair

I don't like crushed wires. Sooner or later it will cause a problem. The cover for the T/S harness on the bottom of the column can be tough to find.

Neil

Ruppstang

Before today I'd never seen the steering wheel wiring routed between the column and the bracket. It's squashed flat but it still works.

Now I have seen it twice. My current project a 68 GT350 convertible was the same way. I could not believe it when I found it.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Now I have seen it twice. My current project a 68 GT350 convertible was the same way. I could not believe it when I found it.

You must be out of room by now. Time to build another garage?

Ruppstang

I added this room on the shop last year. I only have four and I am going to sell the 68 390 GT.
The 68 Shelby GT 350 Convertible was the last one I needed. I have a fastback and convertible Shelby's and the HCS is the coupe that Shelby didn't make.

I am not buying any more till the next one.

Attachments

• 2080-06-10 01.21.20.jpg
    2080-06-10 01.21.20.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 40

robert campbell

z

But heck, the electrical tape looks great!! And the column is bolted to the steering box.... What more do you want?? Just kidding!!!!