• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Holley Sniper install

Toy68CS

Guys

2 question to help my install.
1) It has to have a 12v. Switched source the is on while cranking. The switched fuse box feed does not stay on while cranking. Any suggestions where to pick up that feed!
2) Rumor has it Ford ran out of 289 blocks late in the model year. I have confirmed I have a late model block. My question did they just use the 302 block and a 289 crank or is it actually a 302 displacement engine?
I need to confirm this to configure the system for proper displacement.

Mosesatm

Guys

2 question to help my install.
1) It has to have a 12v. Switched source the is on while cranking. The switched fuse box feed does not stay on while cranking. Any suggestions where to pick up that feed!
2) Rumor has it Ford ran out of 289 blocks late in the model year. I have confirmed I have a late model block. My question did they just use the 302 block and a 289 crank or is it actually a 302 displacement engine?
I need to confirm this to configure the system for proper displacement.

It’s a 289 with a 302 block. The 289 and 302 have the same bore so Ford used all 289 internals and heads.

franklinair

Yep. 289's & 302's have the same bore (4"). The difference is the stroke.

Neil

OP
OP
Toy68CS

Toy68CS

Thanks guys!
That’s what I thought but wanted to be sure.

OP
OP
Toy68CS

Toy68CS

Installed a couple of these. 289 or 302 will not make any difference.

Rob

Agreed.

However if it was a 302 and you set it for a 289 it would start out rich until it learned the actual airflow requirements of the engine.

robert campbell

Doubt it would be any different at startup between the 289 and 302. The parameters you set up as you go through the screens are very broad.

Rob