• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Out of commission

franklinair

Well, I've done it now. Yesterday I fell over backwards, landed on my tailbone, fractured a vertebrae, tore some skin on the back of my right arm, and spent the afternoon in the emergency room at the local hospital. Now we need to make an appointment with a spinal surgeon to 'glue' the broken vertebrae. The Dr. said I'm out of commission for 4 to 8 weeks. Bummer.
Can't move too well right now- the lower back keeps reminding me of my clumsiness.
Luckily I have my Golden Nurse Peggy to help me along.

Neil

CougarCJ

Oh, no! Hoping for a speedy recovery.
I guess that it is lucky that you didn't smack the back of your melon.

stangfan

Wow Neil!! Sounds like you really did a number on yourself. I guess it could have been worse though. Take care and get better quickly.

rvrtrash

Sorry to hear that Neil. I wish I was closer so I could help you out with chores around the house while you're laid up.

Steve

Ruppstang

So sorry to hear that, but better your bottom and not your head. If we can do any thing to help from here let us know. Get well soon.

Marty

hatchdog

Neil, so sorry for your troubles. Nice to have good support at home and the best to you in your recovery.

Interesting, you have been in my mind all month. Every time I look at my calendar to check for appointments I see your beautiful black CS.

Get well soon.

Mike

Diesel Donna

Oh dear Neil! sorry to hear this! I'll be moving closer to you in the spring. Tennessee. If I can do anything for you or Peggy, be sure to let me know.

somethingspecial

Sorry to hear about this Neil. Robinette and I wish you a speedy recovery hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Mike

clubpro

Neil,

It sounds like you need a ground up restoration :) I wish you all the best in your recovery. Have a restful and healing Christmas.

Ron

Tequila

Neil,
So sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Reggi

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Thanks for all the kind words and concern. The old body's coming along OK, and I'm moving about more freely. Time is my ally. I believe I'll be pretty much able to get back to normal after the holidays. Thanks again everyone.

Neil

Attachments

• BIRTHDAY.jpg
    BIRTHDAY.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I'm up & about. Somewhat limited, but movin' on. My 2 best friends are Tylenol and a heating pad. I'm in the middle of doing a '70 Mustang convertible for an old friend from Miami.

Neil