• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Mike Jewell

franklinair

I just read on Facebook that Mike Jewell passed away yesterday.
Mike was a dear friend and will be missed. He was a longtime member and supporter of our GT/CS website.
I am stunned.

Neil

Attachments

• MIKEJ.jpg
    MIKEJ.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 34

Midnight Special

I just read on Facebook that Mike Jewell passed away yesterday.
Mike was a dear friend and will be missed. He was a longtime member and supporter of our GT/CS website.
I am stunned.

Neil

Shocking indeed. Neil,
Mike was a faithful catalyst and contributor more than most people will ever know. His genuine love and support of these cars and people was second to none... :-(

Attachments

• 467862_3634109772761_742500149_o.jpg
    467862_3634109772761_742500149_o.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 52

Ruppstang

I had just talked with Mike about a week or two ago. He shared that he was thermally ill but was still upbeat and thought he may have a year or so. Our prayers will be with Robinett.
I will miss him he was a good friend.

Tequila

I remember talking to Mike about 5 years ago about a grille. He was so helpful and super nice. RIP Mike.

J_Speegle

Wow! What a surprise. He will be missed dearly. His family is in our prayers in this time of need

Thanks for making us aware of this

Ricky Knapik

I had the pleasure of talking to him some years ago. What a wealth of knowledge he had. My condolences to his family! May he RIP! :(

prototypefan

Sad news. His family and this community have lost a great guy.

Mike had a grille for sale and despite multiple inquiries he kept it for me. Neither of us really wanted to ship it as I'm from Canada so he waited close to a year until I had a trip near Grass Valley.

Amazing guy who took all the time to share his love of these cars.

My condolences to his family.

Godspeed Mike

miller511

So sad to hear this news about Mike. He was a really nice guy. Condolences to Robinette and Mike's entire family. RIP.

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Mike Jewell Obituary.png
    Mike Jewell Obituary.png
    236.5 KB · Views: 57
  • MIke Jewell Service.jpg
    MIke Jewell Service.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 44
  • MIke Jewell Service 2.png
    MIke Jewell Service 2.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

68 special

How Sad!!!!

RIP Mike. His knowledge of these great cars will be missed. Prayers to his family.

Bret

DanTeets

I spoke with Mike numerous times on the phone. Great guy. Sad to read this. Condolences from the Teets family.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
So sad to hear this news. Our deepest condolences to Robinette and family

Mike's down to earth attitude here was always refreshing to me. He loved these cars for what they were made for. He simply enjoyed driving them without getting hung up on which bolt was painted which color or which date stamp went where.

He will be sorely missed.

Edward Bodoh

RIP Mike

Oh no...just read and haven't been here in a while. I met Mike years ago. Sold me a set of Lucas lights and correct posts for them. Sheesh. Stunned. He was a stand up guy.

Anybody know what happened to something special? Last I heard a consignment place had it and someone bought it? Was a while back.

I vote mikes car as the winner of the next calendar. If someone has a pic of it.

Ed.