• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dusk Rose "Playboy Pink" GTCS

platnumheart666

on another forum, a member mentioned that they once knew someone who owned a pink '68 California Special

I was wondering if anyone knows if this to be true, that there was at least one special colored one ordered?

Inquiring minds want to know

franklinair

IIRC, PlayboyPink was only a '67 color. I suppose it could have been ordered as a special color in '68, but I doubt it.
Peggy used to ask me if I would paint her '57 T-Bird pink, but I told her my spraygun would not spray pink paint. (It would regurgitate it.)

Neil

OP
OP
platnumheart666

platnumheart666

That's Funny lol,

What I can find states that "in 1968, the Color of the Month national promotion featured special colors for the first 4 months of the year. Passionate Pink was offered in February to celebrate Valentine's Day. It was also brought back by some dealers in an Easter Collection of Colors April promotion along with the April Color of the Month, Eastertime Coral, and standard 1968 Mustang pastel colors of Seafoam Green, Meadowlark Yellow, and Diamond Blue. Eastertime Coral is a pink shade of red or orange."

-Mustangattitude.com

Mosesatm

Currently there is no definitive answer to that question.
We have two special paint cars in the registry that may be California Specials but they were produced early in the run so they don't show up as GT/CSs in Marti reports.

Attachments

• 8R01J127710 Special Paint.jpg
    8R01J127710 Special Paint.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 8R01J140006.pdf
    120.4 KB · Views: 31

Mosesatm

There is a third car that may possibly be a special paint GT/CS but it is so early the odds are against it.

Attachments

• 8R01C114978_dlxrpt.pdf
    243.8 KB · Views: 51