• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lucky find

CougarCJ

Last week my boss and I cleaned out a large car part estate in SoCal. Two enclosed trailer loads and two pickups loaded full.

GT/CS specific parts too. Two pairs of NOS California Special quarter scripts, and two used trunk lids. One of the trunk lids still has the corner seals installed. Thought I would share pictures of my cut of the treasure.

Attachments

• IMG_6231.jpg
    IMG_6231.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6233.jpg
    IMG_6233.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

The GT/CS restoration is pretty much stalled for now. Hard to go home after working with car parts for 40+ hours a week, and work on my own car. I tell my wife that it will be my retirement job.

rvrtrash

The old saying is that mechanics have the worst running cars. :wink:

Steve

somethingspecial

Hi Scott, how much are you going to ask for the deck lids. I recently lost one to a wild fire. It was stored in a car trailer along with a tail light panel. Nothing left but ash. Just need a price for the insurance company. Don't need to purchase one. Thanks.

Hope all is well with you.
Mike

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

Mel Burns license plate frame

Found another part for my car. Original dealer frame from Mel Burns Ford in Long Beach California. Probably a little later than 1968, but still worth while.

Attachments

• IMG_6399 (2).jpg
    IMG_6399 (2).jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 16