• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 1968 disc brake distribution block

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone have an original brake distribution block? The brass block where all the brake lines connect, circled in red in the attached image below.

I was taking the piston (shuttle?) out of mine and misunderstood how it came out. I used a punch too large and mushroomed out the flare fitting on the distribution block. :mad:

Attachments

• 2020-10-25 11.23.59.jpg
    2020-10-25 11.23.59.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2020-10-24 17.22.29 (Large).jpg
    2020-10-24 17.22.29 (Large).jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Marty, are you talking about this one that includes the proportioning valve? I didn't see just the distribution block listed by itself on their web site.
https://www.npdlink.com/product/distribution-block-and-proportioning-valve-assy/186692

But maybe getting a complete repro is better in the long run. My original proportioning valve can be rebuilt, but by the time I buy that rebuild kit, the hard lines and the brake warning switch the price difference isn't that much.

I like the idea of keeping original parts on the car when ever I can, but I'm not going for a concours restoration.