• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS at Barrett Jackson Lot 9040

luisa2552

If there was a picture, we could all make our most educated:rolleyes: guess as to what the car will go for.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It's a nice enough car but it certainly doesn't seem to be a BJ quality car, or what used to be a BJ quality car in years past. The engine compartment needs work, as do the stripes, no air, standard interior. Many of you have nicer cars. It will be very interesting to see what it sells for.

Mustanglvr

I`d say, if its a California Special, then it is a Jackson-Barrett quality car.:grin:

68gt390

Strange exterior color for red. It could be the pictures but, that sure doesn't look like any red I recognize for 68 color's. Modified exhaust tips and GT valance with GT center caps. I'll have to watch this one and see what it does. Maybe I'll take mine out there next year for grins and chuckles. With my luck my car would flop and not pull anything.

Rich;
I agree with you. That car was a late addition. I looked at their first listings for Ford and Mustang and it wasn't there.

Don

joedls

I heard from someone that the commission has been raised to 10% this year. 10% from the buyer and 10% from the seller. OUCH.

BroadwayBlue

joedls said:
I heard from someone that the commission has been raised to 10% this year. 10% from the buyer and 10% from the seller. OUCH.

From the BJ site...

• Consignment Commission is 8% (Minimum $500)
  • On-site Buyer’s Commission: 10%
  • Absentee Buyer’s Commission: 12%
  • On-site Automobilia Buyer’s Commission: 15%
  • Absentee Automobilia Buyer’s Commission: 17%
  • Covered tent space is available on a first-come first-served basis for an additional $200 per vehicle (Non-refundable & Non-transferable).

Trap68

Mosesatm said:
What about the Green Hornet?
My thoughts exactly. With all of the press coverage that the GH had in 2006 I beleived that is was being primed for the BJ auction. At this late date, I would have to say that it's not going to go this year for you would want to give the potential buyers the time to scrap up the million-plus dollars that this car would bring. Maybe Craig Jackson wants to use this year's results as a gauge for where the muscle car market is going...I feel that sales are not going to be like the last two years and they added to the length of the auction so that the total net will eclipse previous years.
Cheers!
Rick

PFSlim

BroadwayBlue said:
Is there a way to figure out when this car will be on the block?

The auction schedule doesn't go up to 9040 it only goes up to 1700.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/eventschedule/default.asp

I was wondering the same thing as Rich. Does anyone know when the car is going to sell??

Also, I still haven't seen a picture of the car. Can someone tell me how to get there to see it.

Paul

Trap68

PFSlim said:
I was wondering the same thing as Rich. Does anyone know when the car is going to sell??

Also, I still haven't seen a picture of the car. Can someone tell me how to get there to see it.

Paul

It looks like the 9000-series of cars are part of the Showroom Pavillion which I could not find out anything about. Anyone with some scoobies on what the Showroom Pavillion is all about???:confused:

68gt390

PFSlim said:

Paul

Paul;
Just click on the link in Arlies first post. The pictures are now posted on the BJ website that the link refers to.

Don

GTCSNJ

I contacted BJ and asked about the Pavilion cars and was told they do not go up for auction, they are just for sale. They are asking $24,900. for lot 9040.

Regards,
Gary