• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Autorama bound...

Midnight Special

...Renee has decided to enter the Foster/ Stevenson Special into the Sacramento Autorama coming up February 19-21. This is a huge show that fills all thirteen buildings of the Cal Expo Center, home of the CA state fair. 850 cars, all types and classes... With my son TJ's help, we began the process of detailing every part! Fortunately for us - Paul & Zach made for relatively little to do ;-)

Robert Campbell's carburetor fix was tested on the road and Wow!... Rob - my ego is at risk of being shattered! Renee and I were neck & neck at the last airport drag race! How do I put it back to the way it was??
;-)

Attachments

• IM002646.JPG
    IM002646.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IM002650.JPG
    IM002650.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IM002654.JPG
    IM002654.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IM002658.JPG
    IM002658.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IM002653.JPG
    IM002653.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

PonyGal

Midnight Special;69769 Robert Campbell's carburetor fix was tested on the road and Wow!... Rob - my ego is at risk of being shattered! Renee and I were neck & neck at the last airport drag race! How do I put it back to the way it was?? ;-)[/QUOTE said:
There is NO WAY you are going to put it back to the way it was!!! You and I have a date at the Nevada County Airport!! Bring it on!!!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

There is NO WAY you are going to put it back to the way it was!!! You and I have a date at the Nevada County Airport!! Bring it on!!!

RENEE!...You forget your car is still at my house! As Mary Poppins says;

"OH just spoon full of SUGAR makes the PERFORMANCE go DOWN...the performance go DOoown... the performance go down.........

PonyGal

RENEE!...You forget your car is still at my house! As Mary Poppins says;

"OH just spoon full of SUGAR makes the PERFORMANCE go DOWN...the performance go DOoown... the performance go down.........

Don't you DARE touch my car!!! You'll REGRET it!! I Promise!!!!!!!!

somethingspecial

I'll be by first thing tomorrow morning....Taser in hand!!! Don't touch my car!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renee, Having had to "ride the lightning" before I could carry a tazer on duty, let me get in place with a video camera first. I have seen "Gorillas" turned into crying little babies while riding the lightning. LOL Can you say YouTube. Tim, unless you want to find yourself on YouTube crying like a kid having his Big Wheel taken away, I wouldn't do it. LOL Mike

Ruppstang

Now Now kids lets try to get along! Tim I think you will find its not too bad to get beat by a girl if the car is good and you like the girl! I have a little experance my self. When I met my wife Tari she was driving a 72 Mach 1 with 351C. I'll say no more. Marty

Attachments

• Tari's Mach 1 001.JPG
    Tari's Mach 1 001.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Renee, Having had to "ride the lightning" before I could carry a tazer on duty, let me get in place with a video camera first. I have seen "Gorillas" turned into crying little babies while riding the lightning. LOL Can you say YouTube. Tim, unless you want to find yourself on YouTube crying like a kid having his Big Wheel taken away, I wouldn't do it. LOL Mike

...So if I'm reading this right - Renee should be tazered before she could carry one...Mike carries one on duty....
How'bout loaning ME the video camera ;-)

robert campbell

Tim,
Sorry! NOT!! But we can spend money on your cars!! I would love to have Renee's car for a week! Just a little fine tuning here and there. What a beautiful car and it would be fun to make it purr like a kitten and roar like a lion!!!

How is T.J.'s "big cam" sounding? That engine has some real possibilities. I have an Edelbrock Perfromer RPM sitting on the shelf? But do I remember you already have an intake and carb for it?

Rob

somethingspecial

...So if I'm reading this right - Renee should be tazered before she could carry one...Mike carries one on duty....
How'bout loaning ME the video camera ;-)

Boy Tim, To think you would "light someone up" just because they are faster than you falls into the "CS" catagory if you ask me, and CS doesn't mean "California Special"!!!! LOL
Sorry Tim, I think you lose this one all the way around. LOL. Mike
ps. why don't you just introduce her to the difference in cubic inches and challenge her to a race using one of your big blocks.

PonyGal

Tim,

I'm pretty sure you could still beat me since you are a much better driver than I am, but it would be an interesting race :grin:

Rob, I would LOVE to have you "tweak" my car anytime! I'll pay you with a great meal (but I'll stay away from the BBQ :embarass:) So when are you going to make another trip down here???

Mike, you and I both know that I would NEVER do that to Tim, but we won't tell him that!!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Boy Tim, To think you would "light someone up" just because they are faster than you falls into the "CS" catagory if you ask me, and CS doesn't mean "California Special"!!!! LOL
Sorry Tim, I think you lose this one all the way around. LOL. Mike
ps. why don't you just introduce her to the difference in cubic inches and challenge her to a race using one of your big blocks.

...Hey Mike, I gotta' get in all I can while I can! With your big block winning all the shows - and your "goldie" bein' prepped to deliver the blows... That leaves only Renee (locally) for me to stay ahead of!

But here I sit outnumbered..... AGAIN! Rob's no darn help either!!

So Marty, A 351C eh?
I'll try, but I think Renee will have me there too!
;-)

P.S. Boy, you guys sure know how to derail a thread!!
;-))

Attachments

• 1705.jpg
    1705.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 1704.jpg
    1704.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Tim,

How is T.J.'s "big cam" sounding? That engine has some real possibilities. I have an Edelbrock Perfromer RPM sitting on the shelf? But do I remember you already have an intake and carb for it?

Rob

Rob, TJ's car is running excellent, but we're leaving it 2-barrel until Spring. I have a rebuilt Holley (2v) to replace it's tired Autolite 2100, but am missing the plastic disc (bolted to linkage) that actuates the accelerator pump. Are they easy to find?

Attachments

• IM002648.JPG
    IM002648.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 26

PonyGal

P.S. Boy, you guys sure know how to derail a thread!!
;-))

Okay, you're right. Back to the original topic..The Autorama.

Yes, I did enter my Special in this year's Autorama next month - Feb 19-21 in Sacramento. Here is a link in case you're interested... :smile:

http://www.rodshows.com/sa/index.html

I am looking forward to the show, but I really need to get those brake lights fixed before then!! Ron (Clubpro) any information on the turn signal switch yet????

robert campbell

Rob, TJ's car is running excellent, but we're leaving it 2-barrel until Spring. I have a rebuilt Holley (2v) to replace it's tired Autolite 2100, but am missing the plastic disc (bolted to linkage) that actuates the accelerator pump. Are they easy to find?

I have a boat load of the plastic cams! Give me the list number off the choke horn, but with a great son like T.J..... Let's go to a 4 barrel!! Easy for me to say....

Rob

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

I have a boat load of the plastic cams! Give me the list number off the choke horn, but with a great son like T.J..... Let's go to a 4 barrel!! Easy for me to say....

Rob

Thanks Rob! The list # is 6221-2 3358.

Indeed, we do have a 4 barrel and dual flowmasters planned for TJ, but he has to earn the $$ himself for the exhaust system. In the meantime, the 2100 is seeping/ flooding after shutdown resulting in smoky starts when hot. There is hesitation too that we can't make smooth... I was given this rebuilt Holley for him to try, but noticed the cam was missing.

Attachments

• IM002659.jpg
    IM002659.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IM002660.jpg
    IM002660.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Okay, you're right. Back to the original topic..The Autorama.

Yes, I did enter my Special in this year's Autorama next month - Feb 19-21 in Sacramento. Here is a link in case you're interested... :smile:

http://www.rodshows.com/sa/index.html

I am looking forward to the show, but I really need to get those brake lights fixed before then!! Ron (Clubpro) any information on the turn signal switch yet????

Indeed Renee! I can't wait to see your car featured in those wonderful website pics for 2010! We also need to expedite that turn signal switch ASAP if anyone can help. Apparently, what was in stock was recalled for having the wrong connector and removed from shelves. There is a guy here in town who can retrofit if we can find one...

Also Renee - At Rob's urging, we can put your 4-barrel & intake on TJ's car and his 2v set up on yours while we're waiting........ 'Soon as he sends me the cam. Okay????
;-)

Ruppstang

I am going to Omaha this morning and can see if the Mustang Store has one in stock. PM me your phone # so I can call if they have one. Marty PS. I have a new 67 on my shelf and a used 68 if that would help.