• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Deluixe Door Pull Straps

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

It is a piece of paper to mark the holes. Gets you in the ballpark, but you need to run the bases!!

Rob

dalorzo_f

Why can't one use the deluxe lower grille as a template? Put in against the door, mark out the outline. Work from that to the outline of the light/speaker and then cut...???

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

To do it right you would need the door light and the door speaker. I used the door grill in conjunction with the template. I have nearly 14 hours in the conversion. A bit more complicated than one would think. The door grill will locate the holes for itself and the center of where the lights and the speaker go, but nothing more. The template does the rest.

If you have sourced the lights and the lens and the speakers and the grills you can get there.... Eventually....

Rob

cool68

thanks

To do it right you would need the door light and the door speaker. I used the door grill in conjunction with the template. I have nearly 14 hours in the conversion. A bit more complicated than one would think. The door grill will locate the holes for itself and the center of where the lights and the speaker go, but nothing more. The template does the rest.

If you have sourced the lights and the lens and the speakers and the grills you can get there.... Eventually....

Rob[/QUOTE
wow good to know

dalorzo_f

Have all the bits but speakers, assuming I can find something that fits in after market.

I have not looked at it, but figured by putting the speaker/lens to the grille, scribing a template off that, then locating the grille on the door, mark the outline, then from the grille speaker/lens markup back to the door... you get the locations. Why does the grille not allow the location of the lens and speaker to be defined?

Once you have the locations all sketched out and marked what do you use to cut the holes? Angle grinder and cutoff wheel or ???

Need to do this to the EXP "replibute" .. any pics of the process you can share? or gotcha's to avoid?

Mustang67

Old thread on Ford engineering what should have been done

This picture of the deluxe interior with the nice sleek armrest of the standard interior is exactly what Ford should have done on the 68; obviously not just in my opinion. Oem and looks as good as the rest of this early mustang does. The woodgrain with the chrome and straps as part of the deluxe optioned car is as it should be, but those square bulky armrest are night and day compared to the slick standard one as pictured. Power locks & windows used on other Ford 68 models, a radiator overflow canister, no pot metal (so I’ve been told) to cast the headlight buckets/rear trunk extensions etc made out of a mixture of leftovers and can’t be repaired/welded like normal aluminum and steel..... just repairable with jbweld on the mounting tabs etc are a few other things as well. Only a few engineering tweaks here and there as most cars need when first starting out. The 1967 being the first year of the new style. The addition of and space for the 390/428jet/unused 427 make up for almost all. Bob

Last edited: