• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My 390 CS got second at the Autorama show....updated with picture

390cs68rcode

Good news. My 390 CS got second in the 68-72 Altered Restored class at the Houston Autorama. I was in the altered class because of the aftermarket AC I added. When I got to the show on Wednesday I was concerned since they put on my card that I was in the 49-72 Altered Restored class. I figured I had no chance with all those years' cars in it. They did split them up. I walked around before the awards and found about 3-4 cars that I thought were strong cars. I was pleasantly suprised to get the second place. The guy who beat me has a knock down drag out clean car, I know he does not drive it. I drive mine. Looks like a some of the hard work on detailing has paid off.

Got a few pics and will post them tomorrow.

Autorama-Houston2005-4-049.jpg

Last edited:

68gt390

Congratulations Jason. I felt the same way when I went to the MCA Grand Nationals. That's exactly what we need for our car's, exposure. You should have a grin from ear to ear. :grin:

Don

68 special

Way to go Jason, Keep up the good work. From the pictures I've seen, you've earned it. With alot more work, mine will get there some day.

Bret

Mustanger

Congrats!!! Your 390 is looking "sweeet" as they say ... "keep on keepin' on"...

68sunlitgold

Jason,
sure wish I could have made it down there to see the car...another time maybe when I do a trip back to TX.
Oh....almost forgot...Congrates!!

Doug