• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Autorama bound...

PonyGal

Nice picture Marty!! When and where was that taken? I know it was when Paul owned the car.

Well, I got comfirmation from the folks at the Sacramento AutoRama that my GT/CS has been selected for display! They told me that they got a lot of applications and had to turn some of them down. Now I am just waiting for the packet with all the info, tickets, and such to come in the mail. :grin:

Tim, researve a day for me the weekend of the 13th/14th to come down to my place and help me get the car all ready!! Keep you fingers crossed that it doesn't rain!!! :scared:

Ruppstang

It was at a Ford & Mustang show in Liberty MO. two years ago. Are the cars judged at the Autorama? Good Luck Marty

PonyGal

Thanks Marty.

There are several different categories of cars at the AutoRama - some judged & some for display only. I have never entered a large judged show, so I just entered my CS for display only. There are so many AMAZING cars at the Sacramento AutoRama that I am not sure I could compete with them. I just wanted to sort of get my feet wet...

PFSlim

Just catching up with this thread. Looks like a great time Renee. I know the GT/CS will show great!! Just get ready for alot of questions and alot of folks who really like the car.

Marty - I remember that show well. My son brought is "girl" friend and we spent the day under the umbrella. Good times.

Best of luck to you guys at the show. I am rooting for you and cant wait to hear feedback about the show!!

Paul

PonyGal

Thanks Paul,

I am so glad that I have the binder that you made me with all the pictures of the restoration! A lot of people comment on that! So many have told me that "that can't be the same car!!" That binder is a very good conversation starter!

Tim & his son T.J. are going to come down on Saturday to help me get the car ready for the show. I am really looking forward to some "car time"!! It has been raining so much, that I have kept both cars pretty much under cover for a while. This weekend is supose to be nice. Sunny and in the 60's. :cool:

I am definitely in need of a bit of GT/CS therapy!!!

PFSlim

I always liked the photo album myself. I also took with me a diecast car and my Marti Report. Folks seemed to really like both. We placed the diecast car on the chrome air cleaner.

The "Black Pearl" is moved into "World of Wheels" and sits ready for the show, which starts today and ends Sun.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC02424.jpg
    DSC02424.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 22

PonyGal

It's BEAUTIFUL Paul!!! You must be very proud of it!!

I too put the diecast on the air cleaner and I created a board that has my Marti Report on one side and GT/CS stats on the other.

Attachments

• 100_4017.jpg
    100_4017.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_4068.jpg
    100_4068.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 21

PonyGal

Tim, T.J. and I spent the day today getting my Special cleaned up and ready for the AutoRama next weekend. It didn't need a lot of cleaning thanks to PFSlim :wink:, but we had a great time doing it. T.J. detailed the interior and Tim crawled underneath it to clean the water spots and dust the underside off. He also cleaned up and dusted the entire engine bay, cleaned the tires, and helped detail the outside. Then they did a bit of touch-up painting and the car was ready to go! After that, a trip to IN-N-OUT Burger in TJ.'s sweet little '68 coupe. Thank you so much Tim & T.J. for all the help today!!! It was so much more fun with you guys here!!!

Oh, by the way, I helped too, but I have no photographic proof :undecided

Attachments

• 100_5226.jpg
    100_5226.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_5223.jpg
    100_5223.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_5217.jpg
    100_5217.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_5220.jpg
    100_5220.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_5222.jpg
    100_5222.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Nice pictures Renee! 'cept for the old guy wearing the "Franklin Aviation"hat ;-) It was a wonderful & productive day indeed and Yes - I do have photographic proof of you helping, but for a price.... 'Nother burger perhaps??

PonyGal

Hey, I didn't see any "old guy". Who are you talking about??? :confused:

Yes...next time the burgers are on me!! I do appriciate all the help you guys gave me today. Next stop.........Sacramento AutoRama!! :smile:

PonyGal

Well, Tim and I took the Foster/Stevenson GTCS down to the Sacramento AutoRama and staged it today! After quite a long line of cars, the guy at the first gate sent me over to one of the outer buildings at the far end of the fairgrounds, but when I got over there to check in, the man at the door told me that I was in the wrong place. My car was being displayed in one of the four main tower buildings! WOW!!! That got my blood pumping!! So we drove it over there and put it on display in a nice corner spot. We wiped it down a bit (didn't need much), and it looks great!! Already got a few comments on how beautiful the car is and the show hasn't even started yet!

Thank you Tim for all your help today :-}

Attachments

• 100_5227.jpg
    100_5227.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_5228.jpg
    100_5228.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_5229.jpg
    100_5229.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_5232.jpg
    100_5232.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Indeed, it was a banner day Renee! We're so proud of & happy for you! This is a "big one" made predictably wonderful by Stevenson's skill and Renee's rejoicing! 'Can't wait to be there as a spectator and be able to say; "Hey! I know her"!!!

P.S. 'Wish you'd lose that old guy!...

Attachments

• DSC_1338.jpg
    DSC_1338.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_1337.jpg
    DSC_1337.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_1335.jpg
    DSC_1335.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_1333.jpg
    DSC_1333.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_1331.jpg
    DSC_1331.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_1330.jpg
    DSC_1330.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_1325.jpg
    DSC_1325.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 29

Ruppstang

Well Renee' she look good as ever. Wish I could be there to see it. The old guy and company did a real nice job of detailing. I think you should keep him. Marty

PonyGal

Thanks Marty! I wish you could be here too. Would love to meet you someday!!

As for the "old guy", he's my best friend, so I guess I'll keep him around...:wink:

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Spent all day at Autorama where the admiration, appreciation, compliments and Renee's magnetic enthusiasm went on & on & on...

Renee is precisely the type of owner one would hope to chat with at such an event. Jubilant, informative, charming, encouraging....and one who never loses perspective when it comes to glorifying the type and the father & son who restored it with immense pride! She literally sent everyone away smiling!

It's always nice running into Ron Moore "clubpro" and company as well :)

Renee's Special really belongs in shows like this! A true testament to its heritage, restoration and pride in ownership! What a great day for the GT/CS in its "name" state!

Although there weren't a lot of Mustangs present - there were some interesting ones including a red Shelby (coupe) clone of sorts...

Attachments

• 2590.jpg
    2590.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 2589.jpg
    2589.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2593.jpg
    2593.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 2592.jpg
    2592.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2597.jpg
    2597.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 2596.jpg
    2596.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2587.jpg
    2587.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 2598.jpg
    2598.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 24

PonyGal

Yes, we had a wonderful time at the AutoRama today!! So many BEAUTIFUL cars and a lot of people milling about. There was a sign outside the buildings that I took a picture of (attached). My car was in "Building 7"!! I got quite a few compliments on my "baby" and had a great time telling people how Paul (PFSlim), his son Zack, and his brother basically "brought this car back to life"!! I must admit, the car looks like it really belongs in this big show, and I am a very a PROUD owner!!!

We saw one Impala that had every single inch of it detailed out and most of the glass was beautifully etched. Really well done!! Plus, a few other mustangs, a nice maroon cobra, quite a few custom cars, and we also got to meet John Schneider of the "Dukes of Hazzard" TV show.

I had a amazing day!! Thanks Tim and T.J. for sharing it with me!! :smile: :smile:

Attachments

• 100_5259.jpg
    100_5259.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_5257.jpg
    100_5257.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_5248.jpg
    100_5248.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_5239.jpg
    100_5239.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_5236.jpg
    100_5236.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_5235.jpg
    100_5235.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_5253.jpg
    100_5253.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

....and we also got to meet John Schneider of the "Dukes of Hazzard" TV show.

...While I'm not a big Hollywood "who's who" nut, I was very impressed with actor John Schneider and how kind, considerate and generous he was with everyone who greeted him. He talked "cars" with the best of 'em and was beyond gracious with every interrupting photo op. There was another Baywatch blonde there with self-portraits & memorabilia everywhere, but body language & mannerism that said "I don't want to be here!"... The line to meet John circled around her table as she sat & glared... 'Not for everyone, I know, but it was interesting to observe ;-)

robert campbell

Tim/Renee'
What great pictures! Thank you! Tim, do you detail cars for free? Come on up!!! The GT/CS looked awesome. I love the way T.J. dresses! Just like me!!

The Impala was way over the top and about the ugliest thing I have ever seen. What the heck was that black fastback?

Rob

PFSlim

Great Stuff!!! Zach and I love the pics. Made me wish I was there!! The car looks great sitting there. Reminds me so much of having it at World of Wheels in Kansas City and having folks gathered around listening to the story. Thanks for sharing with us Renee and Tim, once again, the car looks great.

Oh, by the way....where is the lift? Doesn't everyone have a lift that they can get access to clean the under side of the car??

Several folks came up to us at this years WOW and asked us where the GT/CS was. We had a good time telling them how it was with a new owner who was actually going to take good care of it!!

The "Black Pearl" won "Best in Class" at WOW 2010. So...off to a good start.

Paul

PonyGal

Several folks came up to us at this years WOW and asked us where the GT/CS was. We had a good time telling them how it was with a new owner who was actually going to take good care of it!!

The "Black Pearl" won "Best in Class" at WOW 2010. So...off to a good start.

Paul

Paul, I'm sure that you miss the GT/CS, but yes, I will take VERY GOOD care of it!!! That car is my pride and joy and I love sharing it with others at the different shows!! A little '65 convertible that was parked near me won an award, and I also noticed that a few cars that were not really as nice as the Special also won trophies. Next year I am going to have it judged rather than just on display. Who knows....

CONGRATULATIONS on winning "Best in Class"!!!! The "Black Pearl" is beautiful and is well deserving of the honor!!