• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

San Diego Special

P

PNewitt

This is news to me....

Thanks for letting us know!

I might put it in the book, aling with the '06 California Edition.

Paul N.

Mosesatm

Geez, enough already. Next there probably be be an Aggie special, and a Bush special, and an Oprah special. When will it end? Pretty soon our Specials won't be speial any more.

p51

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=2373;start=0#msg16504 date=1131768853]
Duh, who`s Aggie?
[/quote]

My *guess* is that refers to the Texas A&M (Agricultural and Mechanical) University Aggies. As opposed to the U of Texas LongHorns their chief rival...

68sunlitgold

I guess this gives eveyone the opportunity to "specialize" their mustang. It is really no different than what Ford dealers where trying to do back in the late 60...ie the cardinal special, twister special..etc. A sale is a sale and anything to get more cars out the door the better for dealers.

Doug

P

PNewitt

I've already asked the No.Calif Ford dealers about getting me the VINs to start a 2006 California Edition Mustang Registry.

I should add the San Diego cars, too.

it's like 1965-68 all over again!

Paul N.

Mosesatm

Is the new book going to cover all special Mustangs from '65 to the present?

P

PNewitt

No, the GT/CS Registry will be the same as always.

I meant that the feeling now about the NEW Mustang is like it's 1965-68 all over again (re: looks, accessories, excitement, etc.).

If I somehow get to "register" the '06 "California Edition" Mustangs, that will have no direct effect on the GT/CS. "IF" SVT really does a '07 or '08 GT/CS, then I'll include those cars at that time.

So--for now, we're on the same original track.

Paul N.

DAR1

The San Diego Special seems very related to the GT/CS in thinking. Obviously the six cylinder cars are not moving off the showroom floor as quickly as the V8s (which must have been the same situation with the coupes versus the fastbacks and convertibles in 1968) and need a little boost. Bring in the marketing dept. = special edition limited production.....
I hope this does not sound cynical.
//Dan

PS - The six cylinder cars seem to be much cleaner on the outside than the V8s, if you don't order the wings etc. I am surprised that Shelby didn't start with a stripped V6 car for lightness and then added an engine like the Ford GT engine for power. It might have been closer to the original GT350.

rvrtrash

A couple of years ago, Ford was playing with a prototype V-10 Mustang with "Boss 351" badging. I believe they kept breaking tranny's and rear ends. I keep hoping they work out the bugs and bring it out.:thumb:
Steve