• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Steering Wheel Pad Problem

Mosesatm

Is there any way to stretch the steering wheel pad so the chrome base piece will fit? Oven, boiling water, microwave?!!!

Attachments

• Steering Wheel Pad.jpg
    Steering Wheel Pad.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 51

franklinair

:cry:
Looks like the pad has shrunk. Notice the gaps at either end. Don't know of a fix for that.

Neil

robert campbell

wow, do your live in Houston?? looks like the heat got to your steering wheel.... Or the center piece is to large. Throw a tape measure on the picture.

Rob

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

The center pad shrunk a lot. Since it's unusable anyway I try to spread it apart with a reverse wood clamp and let it sit in the heat and humidity of the garage for a month or two.

Already purchased a replacement on eBay.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Thanks Neil, but I'm putting pad on a deluxe wheel. The wheel shown in the photo is a spare.

Somehow I now have 4 steering wheels for 2 cars. It's amazing how that happens.