• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. please vote

Ricky Knapik

Please go to the Calander post (a few down from this) and vote for the cover pic. Many have viewed, but only 14 have taken the 2 mins to vote for their favorite! PLEASE VOTE! Just like next Tuesday, whatever side you're on, please vote!

stangfan

I'm not sure as to what you mean. Jon instructed us to vote for 8 cars. No mention of voting for a cover shot. I believe that the one with the most votes gets the coveted cover shot.

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

Steve, you are correct. Sadly 299 people have looked at the poll and only 15 have voted. Just trying to encourage our member to stay involved!

stangfan

Gotcha. Sadly, it's getting to the point that not many even submit pictures anymore. The calendar is one of my favourite things here, and I would be very sad to see it stop.

CougarCJ

That is weird, I am pretty sure that I voted for 12 cars, one for each month. Thinking only 1 person was going to be disappointed.

Mosesatm

Steve, you are correct. Sadly 299 people have looked at the poll and only 15 have voted. Just trying to encourage our member to stay involved!

Does that 299 include visitors to the site, who can't vote?

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

Good question Arlie! You would have a better answer than me. I didn't realize it, but sounds like you must be a member to vote??? LOL @ Steve, I've checked a few times myself. My car is up right now in the 2022 edition!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sadly 299 people have looked at the poll and only 15 have voted.
That 299 (now 384) is number of views, not individual people. Most of us have probably checked that voting thread a few times, so that will artificially inflate the number.

Does that 299 include visitors to the site, who can't vote?
Correct. You need to be a registered member to vote. Otherwise anyone could come on and vote as many times as they like and make a mess of the system.

Jon instructed us to vote for 8 cars.
Correct. And the only reason I said to pick 8 and not 12 is this... With only 13 photos, if everyone voted for 12 there would be 12 cars tied for 1st place and 1 car in 2nd place. (or a very similar scenario) That wouldn't give a clear "winner" to decide who gets the cover and then who gets their preference on month.

That being said, if a couple of people voted for 12 or 9 or whatever, the end result is virtually the same.

Thanks again for everyone who sent in photos and those that voted. I just sent out emails to each person who submitted photos asking for some info back, so please check your inbox.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, that's exactly what we're doing. All 13 cars are in the calendar. 1 cover + 12 months