• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fog Lights

Mosesatm

Guests are coming to town so it's time to clean out the GT/CS parts bedroom.

Shown below is a list of Lucas foglights and Lucas parts that I've collected over the years. It's all going on eBay soon. If anyone needs anything let me know and I'll pick out the best example for you.

All the prices are per item, not per pair. For example an "Assembly" is one complete light. This is for people who want only one of something. If you need a pair you'll need to double the price.

If you really, really, really need something (not just wanting a spare or starting a collection) but don't like the price contact me and we'll work it out.

I can also pull assemblies apart if you want a certain part but not the whole assembly.

Assembies
$50 Spot - NOS Black Backed Spotlight-Made in England
$50 Spot - NOS Black Backed Spotlight-Foreign Glass
$25 Spot - Black Backed - Foreign Glass
$30 Fog - Black Backed - Foreign Glass
$125 Fog - Chrome - Small Ding - Made in England
$125 Fog - Chrome - Small Ding - Made in England
$200 Fog - Early Chrome w/small Grommet - England no E11

Housings
$125 Early Chrome w/small Grommet & Junction Block
$50 Early Chrome - Missing Junction Block & Grommet

Lights
$75 Fog - England w/Molded E11 - 1 wire (NOS)
$60 Fog - England - Stamped E11 - 1 wire
$35 Fog - Foreign Glass (NOS?)

Lenses
$10 Spot - Foreign Glass
$10 Spot - Foreign Glass
$15 Fog - Foreign Glass
Sold $20 Fog - Made in England

Reflectors
$15 No rust
$15 No rust
$0 Rusty Edges & 1 interior bubble
$0 Very rusty

Covers
Rectangular Eye
$30 New
$30 New
$30 New
$30 New
$20 Great
$20 Great
$20 Great
$10 Old
$10 Old
$5 No Lens

Round Eye
$50 New
$50 New
Sold $35 Great
Sold $35 Great

Sold $35 Great
$35 Great
$10 Old
$10 Old

Last edited:

02ceta

fog lights

can you tell me which of these would be considered concours correct and how much for a complete set. Also would you happen to know of anyone with factory side scoops or tail light panel. Sorry to take so long in getting back to you ,I'm still pretty new to this system. Steve

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

02ceta said:
can you tell me which of these would be considered concours correct and how much for a complete set. Also would you happen to know of anyone with factory side scoops or tail light panel. Sorry to take so long in getting back to you ,I'm still pretty new to this system. Steve

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a definitive answer to your question since there seems to be some debate over exactly what may or may not be concourse correct regarding Lucas fog lights. I don’t know what the MCA calls for but from what I’ve researched it is my opinion that if you want to be 100% sure you are 100% concourse correct you need the following:

They must be fog lights instead of driving lights. There is no debate over this issue.

The lenses must say "England" on the bottom of the glass. Again, I’m pretty sure there is no debate over this issue but the catch here is that there are 2 different fog light lenses with "England" on them.
The ones we are positive are correct are the ones without an "E11" in a circle. The "England" lenses we are not sure about have an "E11" in a circle on the right side of the lens as you look at it. On some lenses the E11 is etched and on some it is part of the glass.

The lenses are interchangeable but the reflectors they attach to are not. The non-E11 reflectors have 2 wires attached to them that plug into a junction block on the bottom of the housing.
The reflectors with the E11 lenses have 1 wire that plugs into a wire from the housing, and a second wire that starts at the housing and plugs into the back of the reflector.

Another point that everyone agrees on is that the housings must be chrome. The black-backed housings were made in the mid to late ‘70s and were used on Triumphs, MGs, and other British cars.

As you might have already guessed there are 2 different types of chrome housings (well actually there are 3 but the early ones are called "Lucas Super 8s, I think).
To be absolutely positive you have the correct housings they should have a small black O-ring grommet instead of the large gray cone-shaped grommet.
Here is another issue where there is some debate because no one is sure when Lucas switched over to the larger grommet. And if the "England" light with the E11 light is correct then the housing with the cone-shaped grommet must also be correct, since the lights cannot be interchanged between housings.

Finding a complete pair with the "non-E11 England" lights and with the O-ring housings is extremely difficult.

I’ve been looking to make a pair for some time and the best I can do is offer 2 O-ring housings (one with a crease in the back), 1 correct non-E11 England light, and 1 NOS E11 England light that I can modify to work in the O-ring housing. So it's a complete pair but 1 lens has the E11 on it. That pair runs $400.

The black covers should have a small round hole filled with white plastic. The later version has a large rectangular hole filled with white plastic.

Attached are some pictures that show the differences in the housings and lights.

Last edited:

390cs68rcode

I would doubt a concourse judge would know the difference between the 2 different "England" lenses. No way they would even know the gromet under the pedestals.

CougarCJ

XR7-G Lucas Fogs

Hey Moses, my lights for my Cougar XR7-G which I thought were original. Are slightly different than the ones you have pictured.

Mine say
LUCAS
FT/LR8
ENGLAND

The grommet is much smaller too. My build date is March 15. Like the Ca Spec's the XR7-G's were recalled for the Marchall lights too.
My lens's are pitted as shown, housings are very nice.

Interesting read on the fog lights, thanks!

Attachments

• Lucas fog.JPG
    Lucas fog.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 26
  • lucas lens.JPG
    lucas lens.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 31