• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

reproeuction rear valance panel

murf104

Can anyone share their experience with a rear valance panel with the dual exhaust cut outs? Do they fit?

franklinair

Oh my, you struck a nerve!! I just went thru that experience (for the 3rd time). My last two repros did not fit well at all. Perhaps there is more than one manufacturer. I saw a couple repros on cars during my CA trip. The owners said THEY fit OK, but I noticed the flanged area is different than the original valances. The ones I've tried are flanged correctly, but the fit is poor (3/4" too short across, poor contour where they mate to the rear fender). I ended up using my original valance, cutting & splicing the repro's cut outs. Cutting, welding, finishing, painting=$300. (All this for a $40 valance that didn't fit) Good luck.

Neil

rvrtrash

Mine didn't fit either. I had to work on the ends to make it long enough and then make new mounting holes. There's still a little gap, but no one seems to notice.

Steve

nfrntau

I too have ventured on this path. The repro with the cut-outs looks cool but didn't fit well, period. I straightened and used the original valance and will route exhaust accordingly.