• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 1968 gtcs

morris948

I am looking for a black GTCS that was in my family around 1970-72. This is what I know about the vehicle. It is a 68 black with white stripes, 302 motor and c4 tranny. It had headers, manual steering and no power brakes. The mustang was sold to a relative around 1973. The registration to the relative would have been under the name of Albina Rosales or Martin Rosales and would be registered in the city of San Jose state of California. The last time is saw it was about 20 years ago at the registered owners home. It was fairly trashed with body damage to the rear deck lid, front hood and was up on jack stands with the headers and the front suspension hanging down. At that time it still had the black/yellow lettered california license plates. I would really like to get this vehicle back no matter what shape it is in. Anyone with information on this vehicle, I would greatly appreciate being contacted, even if the current owner doesn't want to sell so I would at least know where the trail ends. I also have other small details identifying the vehicle and will relay those to any contact that looks promising. My email is ronin1805@comcast.net or call Jaime at 408-251-8785. Thanks for the help.

green56

wanted 68

do you have the ID that would help have books that have ID of cars that are registered of car owners Tom from WI

OP
OP
M

morris948

Unfortunately, I do not have the plate number or VIN. I am hoping that somebody will recognize the description and maybe alert me. The vehicle could have been moved or sold around 2004 from the San Jose location. That former owner was a recluse and knew what he had and in no way wanted to part with it even in its trashed condition. This leads me to believe that it may have been moved and is now hidden. I posted on this forum in the far reaching chance that if it was sold, the buyer would be part of a car club. the vehicle has some very distinct features that we as a family installed on it. Those features were still with the vehicle the las time I saw it. One of those features is that the mag wheels that were on it were american 5 spoke mags from that era but they had a chevy 5 bolt , bolt pattern. My family used ford to chevy aluminum wheel adaptors for the installation. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
M

morris948

Looks like I found it!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all who read these past posts and for your input. Looks like I found the missing GTCS and am 99.9% sure it is the correct one. Need to get up close and make it 100%. It is trashed and located about 3 miles from its last seen location. Now to make contact and see if I can buy it back.

somethingspecial

That is fantastic, Hope you find out it is the correct one. Keep us posted and regardless of outcome, can you send me the VIN and Door Data Plate info. Thanks. Mike