• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Side/tail stripes

pfinleyz

I would like opinions on painting on the striping vs. the stick on kit. Obviously it would be more expensive, so is it worth it? My car is going to paint in a few weeks and the painter insists it would look better, but then I would need a template. So, does the kit come with a template?

speedy02

IMOP - I like the decals over painted on these cars. If you are going completely custom I think painted looks better. With people painting Custom body colors I think a custom color stripe looks better than the White/Black/Blue/Red/Gold Decal.

Mosesatm

I think tape stripes are the way to go if you want a stock(ish) look. Plus they are fairly easy to remove if you don’t like them.
There is no template with the stripes. The stripes are the template.
If you want painted stripes just like the originals I guess you can install the kit then mark the paint and pull off the stripes, mask off the design and paint what was there.