• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN New forum software upgrade in the works - looking for beta testers

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm happy to announce that I'm in the process of upgrading to a new forum software. The current vBulletin software is way past end of life. It has been extremely stable and has served this forum well for 18 years :eek: , but it's more than past time to upgrade. I am upgrading to XenForo software, which I'm really excited about. It's a well established company that continues to make improvements and offer great support. In addition to being all new and shiny, it has a ton of modern features and has improved on the "classic" features you are already used to here.

For the record, I know how hard it is to change, especially for us "older" guys (a category I didn't fit into when I started this forum around 2000! ;)). I am working hard to keep the look of the forum very similar to what it is today. There will certainly be new features, as well as old features with new names and located in different spots. There will be a bit of a learning curve, but I will do my best to minimize it. I truly believe the new forum software will be a substantial improvement, so I just ask for your patience as we get through it together.

I'm looking for volunteers to help me beta test the new software in about a week and help iron out any bugs. If you're interested please PM me or reply in this thread and I will contact you with instructions. You DO NOT need to be tech savvy to be a beta tester. I actually prefer to get a mix of both computer literate and illiterate! It will help work out the bugs faster.

The plan is to have a behind the scenes test forum up and running the weekend of 10/25/21. Then I plan to take about 2 weeks working with the beta testers to finalize things. Then make the official switch around 11/10/21.

Thanks in advance for your patience! I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the upgrade.

Mosesatm

Jon,
Will the upgrade let us make changes to the cars in the registry? I'd love to add all my data.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry Arlie. The forum software is completely separate from the registry.

I'll have to look into how we could get your info imported into the registry database.