• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Brake Distribution Block

Mustanglvr

I am apparently in need of a drum brake distribution block for my GT/CS and would appreciate any information on this. Are they the same part for disc brakes verses drum brakes? Would it be wise to put a used one on my car? Do they go out very often? What is the part number for it? Thanks.

franklinair

Power brakes

What configuration do you have; 4W drum or front discs? I'm contemplating adding P/B to my 4W drum car. From what I've learned so far, NPD advertises a booster with master cylinder, no pedal conversion required. I'll keep you posted of what all I learn & decide.
If my memory serves me correctly, the proportioning valve divides the pressure/flow between the front & rear brakes to provide equal braking power to fronts & rears. I've never heard of one failing - no moving parts, just metering orifices.
Neil Hoppe (franklinair)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Thanks Neil, it has 4w drum brakes. I would love to switch it over to disc brakes since it now has a 289 in it, but can`t yet. Just want to get her on the road for now.

franklinair

I'm leaning towards staying with the drum brakes. When I get the PB conversion, I'll let you know how they work. The disc conversion is pricey $$, and if the drum power conversion performs OK, I'll leave well enough alone.
Neil

Perkchiro

Rhonda: I had drums on all 4's before restoration. I converted to front disks and that required a new distribution block. So, I have a used one for the drums and if you want it, it's yours. It worked before, so it should still be OK. Just let me know and PM your address so I'll know where to sent it.