• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale: Stevenson GT/CS

RedGTvert

I still have my car and the car is still for sale. Thanks.

Paul

Paul, it's tough out there right now. Every once in a while you see something that give hope that the market is opening up, but then you see some of the same cars for sale for what seems like a year.

Have you advertised it anywhere other than here?

Diesel Donna

I'll be driving near your area again next week Paul...wish I could load that car up in my trailer and bring it home with me.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Paul, it's tough out there right now. Every once in a while you see something that give hope that the market is opening up, but then you see some of the same cars for sale for what seems like a year.

Have you advertised it anywhere other than here?

Not really. I have spoken to a few folks here in the KC area as well as putting it in our Mustang Club flyer.

Donna - I will be in Canada Mon-Thurs next week. Where will you be?

Paul

RedGTvert

Not really. I have spoken to a few folks here in the KC area as well as putting it in our Mustang Club flyer.

Paul

Paul, why not throw it up on cars-on-line. Stays till it sells. I have sold three cars on there, although they didn't go quick, they did go.

Diesel Donna

Donna - I will be in Canada Mon-Thurs next week. Where will you be?

Paul

I have to be in St. Louis, MO on Saturday, August 16th. for a rally. So I leave here on Tuesday morning. Traveling I~40 and I~44. I planned on getting the truck washed in Joplin but I hear you have been having a lot of rain. I'm not sure if I head back to SoCal on Sunday or Monday, depends on how many hours I have available to drive (legally). LOL!

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Well, it is not sold yet but I have had several folks here in KC area looking at my car. One very serious couple who drove the car. We will see what happens.

Paul

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Not sold yet. I am thinking more about eBay. Anyone provide thier thoughts on selling a car like this on eBay with a reserve?

Paul

RedGTvert

Not sold yet. I am thinking more about eBay. Anyone provide thier thoughts on selling a car like this on eBay with a reserve?

Paul

Honest opinion, market sucks right now. Unless you really need to sell it right now, hold onto it, or drop the price to something that may be more realistic to the market conditions. Even the Big Block cars are not selling and when they are, they are selling cheap. I followed a nice SCJ that the owner needed to move, and it sold for $48K. That is terrible, but right about where the market is right now.

Sorry if I am being a downer, but that is the reality of what is going on.

If you do list it, don't start with a high dollar figure, start at $5.00 initial bid. Too many cars get no bids when they start with stupid numbers. Bidding brings more bidding. I would not do a BIN. That will scare people off.

Nice detailed pictures are important. Don't write a book, but be detaailed as much as possible. International buyers are still one of the strongest buyers right now, so don't hesitate to cater to them.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Thanks. That is all great advice. Still working on trying to figure out the best course.

Thanks again.

Paul

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I have tried to go back and modify my original post on the sale of my car to add a few things. First, I wanted to add the car shows/awards for 2008. These are add's to what i already have posted in the original post.

Spring Car Thing Car Show - Olathe, KS - Mar 08 - 1st Place
Worlds of Fun Car Show - Kansas City, MO - Jul 08 - Fan Favorite
Weatherby Lake Support Our Troops Car Show - Aug 08 - Peoples Choice
4th Annual Smithville Car Show - Smithville, MO - Outstanding in Class

As well, we were selected for the 2009 GT/CS calendar (Dec). Lastly, we were selected to be featured on a POR 15 national poster ad campaign. I have attached an image below of that poster.

I have now lowered my price to $30,000.00. PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• SurvivorStories.jpg
    SurvivorStories.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 40

HappyHour

Hey there Paul. Whats the reservation about selling on eBay? For a car with this quality I would think it would need to goto a car collector or god forbid overseas.

I have some friends who have had classic cars that they turned over for consignment offsite to open up possibilties they wouldnt have had or put in the amount of time to attract that one buyer.

In any case for what it would cost to list your car you will get an idea of what the "outside" is willing to pay for a fully restored "like none you have ever seen" CS.

The forum or people on the "inside" I would bet would probably see your achievement as a opportunity to find a CS to bring back to life versus buying the finished product?

Just my 2 euros (2 cents isnt worth much anymore). Thoughts? :smile:

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Robert

All good points. I guess I am alittle unfamiliar with "turning over to consignment". Could you explain more about what you friends have done, or provide some contact names? You can PM me if you want to take this away from the thread.

Thanks in advance

Paul

HappyHour

Hey Paul sure let me get you the name of the company my friend used for his 66 SS Malibu convertible but it was in California. Dont have too much experience in the matter.

They took care of it...detailed and kept it for 3-4 months before selling it while he took off traveling. Best part I was with him in Honduras when they wired the money. Drinks were on him. :wink:

My friend just put his 2006 Posrche 911 here in San Francisco with specialty collector. He sold it just below blue book.

There are TONS of other shops especially in California and I saw listing that the forum posted that were eBay items (usually pricey) so I would "cold" call them for info or interest.

Im sure other people on the Forum have more experience or have seen these companies near you. Ill send you info offline but maybe create new thread?

Hope we can help you find a home for your car!

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I have decided to lower the price again for our GT/CS. Price is now $25K for a forum member. I have 7 or 8 video's that Zach and I made of the car recently. They are short video's but include the car starting, down left side, down right side, engine compartment with engine running, interior, and a few of us driving the car. I can email those upon request.

As well, our shop is open with the hoist since the cobra project is on the way to the body shop. Therefore, we have the ability to get the car up on the lift to take video if needed.

PM me if you have any questions.

Paul