• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Driving the S code GT

Ruppstang

The 68 S code was running well enough that I thought I would take Tari out to eat tonight in it. There is a drive in restaurant about 30 miles from here that I thought would be a good test for it. We cruised there with no problems and had our dinner. When is driving a GT a good thing? Well it had gotten dark by the time we headed for home. The car was running well when the headlights went out! Then would come back on for about ten seconds then go back off. We were 25 miles from home, I thought this is not good, then I remembered that the GT has fog lights. Yah they got us home. This has happened to me before in other cars that the circuit breaker in the head light switch is weak and would not hold the Halogen head lights I had used. I will order a new head light switch Monday. You got to love old cars never a dull moment. This one has been off the road since 1979. More gremlins to come I am sure.

Born1968

Head light

Make sure you go with any motorcraft headlight switch... And you might want to go with a motor craft voltage regulator the electronic one